Practical Caravan Eriba Touring Troll 542 review

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:08 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Practical Caravan Eriba Touring Troll 542 review, the practical caravan guy really likes this van...

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Randa france, , Magpie, , Tin Head and like this post!
Scroll up

RE: Practical Caravan Eriba Touring Troll 542 review

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 24, 2016 4:14 pm
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

I've linked this video thread to the picture gallery.

Randa

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Poptop320 likes this post!
Last edited Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:45 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 24, 2016 9:53 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Poptop320 wrote in post #1
the practical caravan guy really likes this van.

He's not the only one - we went and bought one for ourselves.

However, somebody please answer a question for me. I asked this of hob but he wasn't really too sure either. If you look at 0:53 seconds into the video you'll notice that two of the wheel bolts have coloured blobs of paint on them - one blue one red. Now what on earth are these blobs meant to indicate?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 25, 2016 3:46 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

A very pro report

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Poptop320 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Oct 25, 2016 4:12 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Quote: Deeps wrote in post #3
Quote: Poptop320 wrote in post #1
the practical caravan guy really likes this van.

He's not the only one - we went and bought one for ourselves.
However, somebody please answer a question for me. I asked this of hob but he wasn't really too sure either. If you look at 0:53 seconds into the video you'll notice that two of the wheel bolts have coloured blobs of paint on them - one blue one red. Now what on earth are these blobs meant to indicate?

My van has also got red and blue measles , it is obviously something they do to all new vans now, maybe its to make sure they have been torqued up in sequence?

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:13 pm
by Randa france | 12.888 Posts

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:25 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I like the stainless steel handles, can i replace my Pucks

Still not used the Puck 120 GT yet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:39 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

But I still don't 'get' the 542.

Not meaning to denigrate anybody's choices but why?

I get the feeling from the PC video that the guy would've loved it if it was a 540, 530 or 550 as well, because the bed layout, which is the only difference to the 540, got relatively little airplay.

Then he seemed to get his positioning wrong as surely your head is supposed to go at the back as your shoulders and chest are your widest part and your legs are the narrowest.

However I just don't see the purpose of that tiny 'V' shaped floorspace, to me it's neither use nor ornament. OK it gives you a fixed 540 length bed, sort of, but if that's what you want then just leave a 540 double made up all the time.

For us, floorspace is important for dog sleeping space and to be able to shoo them to either end when cooking is going on and/or access to the loo is required.

As I say, I just don't get it, but I'd love someone to open my eyes to its reason for being.

Now the 535, that is a real advance, it's just sad it's based on the 530 rear lounge where you either have to make up the bed every day or lose a chunk of floorspace to a fixed bed. A 545, now that would be something.

'Well the rain came, I thought you'd leave
'Cos I knew how much you loved the sun.
But you chose to stay, stay and keep me warm
Through the darkest nights I've ever known'.

Last edited Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:04 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 09, 2018 9:56 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Steve and Debbie,
the stainless steel grab handles at the front are available to order. When I bought my 2017 Triton I had an extra pair as part of the deal. I planned to replace the rear long rail so I could fit a cycle rack. As it turned out I could cut down the long rail and sold the spare handles.
Have a look here for the stock code:- https://files.homepagemodules.de/b614104/...n2_jMdmWatT.jpg

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:00 pm

steamdrivenandy
guess what, another inconsistency from Hymer, this time with the 535 that looks so promising.
I believe a couple of members have them on order and have found the fridge is 230v electric only whilst the standard hot water heater is gas. So you have to pay extra for the electric element. Err, confuses me.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:22 pm

OK Colin thanks, I like plastic handles now, the stainless steel ones are 62€,maybe thats for a pair but still ! Plastics ones are £10 each

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:29 pm

If you just want to replace your handles with something newer you have three other options.
1 - soak and then scrub with a solution of 1 part bleach to 4 parts water. You will be surprised at how well they clean up.
2 - it is alleged that the internal door handles of the Peugeot 205 are the same as those fitted to the front of your eriba.
3 - use those on the inside that are attached to the roof and replace these with something suitable.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:32 pm

I bet they've had to opt for compressor because part of the tubular steel frame means they can't have the external fridge vents that an absorption fridge needs there. Solar panel needed or a big battery or two.

I shouldn't think a Truma Combi needs a mains element as an extra, the clue is in the name they're a combi gas and electric water and space heater. Certainly I've never heard of a gas only version being installed anywhere else.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:44 pm

Colin, good advice, my puck has been stored under a corrugated plastic car porch (in effect a greenhouse) and the handles are all crazed. The red trim around the waist is also faded. That was a question for the future - I think you can replace that easily though. All minor points but I'm enjoying the chase.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Feb 09, 2018 10:57 pm

I recall buying new handles for our '05 540 and new red trim. The handles were expensive but the trim was relatively cheap but a lot of finger fiddling to get it seated properly. Both items purchased from Jandi.

Steve and Debbie likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2