How Many of you Service your Eriba

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:13 pm
by Crow (deleted)

Forget the Brakes and Gas for now, not too many people
are that keen or able to take that sort of work on!
There are a lot of small (non strenuous) jobs you can do
yourself.

Scroll up

RE: How Many of you Service your Eriba

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:34 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

service
more like a gentle stroke of the body work and seals,
to see which pesky screw is trying to leave its habitation of a hole, then a quick re torque funny how that happens then seems to stop for years before needing attention
a vacuum out and a battery level check,

I was in mine at 3 am this morning raiding the cupbard of cereal, I was famished (none in house).. considering the open packet sealed in the container for 6months there was still a crunch...bliss

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:32 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Crow wrote in post #1
Forget the Brakes and Gas for now, not too many people
are that keen or able to take that sort of work on!
There are a lot of small (non strenuous) jobs you can do
yourself.
This service checklist download is still available on the Eriba Amiga website.

I was a bit leery about referring to it before until I remembered it found its way onto The Eriba Forum from Eriba Amiga anyway.

Although the checklist is ten years old, I'd have thought most of it was still pertinent. And, as Rodders says, most of it is a doddle even for non-doddley people. If you can stick the little red tube into the top of a can of lithium grease without breaking your leg and recognise a working light bulb, you can do this stuff.

The bits that aren't a doddle - only the gas and the brakes, in all honesty - could be farmed out to a mobile technician in anticipation of a whoppingly smaller bill than you might expect from a dealership to do the whole nine yards.

I think I'd resent paying forty or fifty notes an hour for some bloke with a name tag sewn onto his overalls to check that the windows open when you open them and close when you close them.

Last edited Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:40 pm | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Dec 21, 2013 1:12 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

Mine serviced at a cost of course, by AL every year so far. While van is being looked after, we take a picnic and hike the full Arne peninsular, with binoculars atthe ready

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sat Dec 21, 2013 5:30 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Same here, even the hike!
I do resent the cost but as it is a new van I reckon that I should at least have the first service done and the water ingress test.
I do grease up the towing bits via the three grease nipples but cannot do brakes etc.
Does anybody here here have the water ingress test done on its own without the service?
TonyP

Stercus accidit!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:26 pm
by Stew (deleted)

I have just had the water ingress test done at Jandi. To be fair Sandy does all my servicing but on this occasion I did't think it needed a service. I shall wait until Spring. Better book it in now methinks!

Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Dec 22, 2013 12:50 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

You guys are pulling our extremities surely?

To get to the start of the Arne Peninsula you've got to get to Wareham and that's 8 miles from AL. Then the walk around the peninsula has got to be another 7 or 8 miles without acually getting back to where you started. That means good few more miles and then 8 miles back to Balena Close. By my reckoning ther's about 30 miles of walking in that little excursion, unless, of course you walk on water.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:52 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

I don't leave the car at AL!

Stercus accidit!
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:55 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Doh!

Too much time in motorhomes

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:21 am
by hampshireman (deleted)

Neither do we

Last edited Mon Feb 03, 2014 11:21 am | Scroll up

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:11 pm
by Stamford (deleted)

i had our Familia serviced and inspected by a highly-recommended caravan repair shop near to where we live on Cannock Chase.
Once that was done, and having a background in the motor industry, I look after most of the stuff myself, and leave the , "caravanny- gassy-damp -checky",...bits to them.

Don't need a Weatherman to know which way the Wind blows!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 60 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105688 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2