Posting images in a blog

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:43 pm
by hob (deleted)

One of the members asked me how to put images in a blog, the facility to add images to a post is not available in the blog section so I thought I would add a "how to" for images but I see Aaron Calder has covered it in this post

How to upload multiple pictures to the forum.

As suggested I upload images to photobucket then link to them with image tags, Photobucket supplies its own image tags but if hosted at another image site image tags are available here above in the posting options.

The only comment I would add is when using image hosting sites for a blog the option to resize is not available so images hosted elsewhere need to be resized to no more than 600 pixels wide or they will distort the forum page requiring scrolling sideways to view all of the image

Adding you-tube video's has already been covered im my post here

How to Show your youtube videos

So happy blogging with added images and video's

Neville (hob)

To add an image from photobucket click on the image you want from your thumbnails so it opens then click the bit I have highlighted in yellow you will see it flash "copied" then go to your blog and right click and select paste
where you want the image to be
Capture.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Note your photobucket album needs to be public not private

Time flies like an arrow...................fruit flies like a banana

Last edited Fri May 22, 2015 9:33 pm | Scroll up

RE: Posting images in a blog

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu Jun 29, 2017 3:23 pm
by hob (deleted)

Time for a revision of this topic

The image hosting site mentioned in the above Post is now charging for what is known as 3rd party hosting (as in using them on a forum or other site)

This service used to be free, and was a convenient way of displaying images in a blog when the forum software did not provide this option.

Photobucket users will now start seeing this image replacing their own images.

blog edit 4.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

For existing blogs the only options are to pay a considerable fee to the hosting site or replace them hosted elsewhere or even here as the site has now added a means to upload images to a blog.

For existing blogs, first open your blog and click on blog settings

blog edit one.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

If like me you have more than one blog you should see something like this.

blog edittwo.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Go to the one you need to edit and click edit.

Then you get something like this

blog edit three.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Check the title if you have more than one, here you can change just about anything you like including now Attach file, (a new option)
preview and save changes
Don't forget to remove the old photobucket image address when adding images or the same crappy overprint will still show.

For new blogs I imagine it will be a lot like making an ordinary post (although I have not tried a new blog)

Disclaimer, ........... as a moderator I may have more options available to me than other members hopefully this advise will work for everyone.

Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import

Forum moderator
Aaron Calder likes this post!
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:05 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

You're talking a different language to me Nev, but is a blog the same as this forum, where for instance I am currently posting my travel journal as others and loading images?

Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu Jun 29, 2017 5:22 pm
by hob (deleted)

If you look below the banner one of the tabs is "forum blog" lots of blogs in there including this one I am trying to put pictures back into

blog-e6965-hob-woz-ere.html

Vauxhall Insignia Sri 1.8 petrol 2015 towing 2006 Triton 430 import

Forum moderator
Scroll up

in Like how to find latest posts, how to post links and photographs Thu Jun 29, 2017 9:20 pm
by hampshireman (deleted)

Ah yes thanks

Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105572 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2