Buying an Eriba

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:12 pm
by Indigo (deleted)

Hello all,

We are new to the site. We haven't got an Eriba yet but we are looking! We have two kids who are 5 and 8. We think we want a Triton, or something else with 3 beds and will put one kid on the floor. Our aim is that kids will eventually sleep in the awning.

We're a bit scared to buy off EBay as to be honest we wouldn't know if we were being taken for a ride (so to speak) or not.

Are Kool Classics any good? Have phoned them a couple of times, but not got a reply.

We have been to the one in Poole and while lovely, is a bit out of our price range (we have about £6.5k).

There is a seller on eBay, Eriba Leisure in Norfolk and he has a Triton 418 which we'd love but no idea if he is on the level or not, and we're really worried about spending that amount of money and it being a dud. Has anyone heard of this company. Gentleman is called Alex.

So many thoughts swirling around our heads.

We'd really welcome your thoughts on all of this (including whether getting an Eriba on our budget is a pipe dream).

Thanks

Indigo and Mr Indigo

Scroll up

RE: Buying an Eriba

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:39 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Morphy (Bev & Steve)

You will get an Eriba within your price range although and I.M.H.O you may be better off with a Troll. But that is only my opinion for what its worth. We started off in tents and moved up to a Puck I Liked the Puck but the Bev wanted something bigger. There is only Bev and myself and two little dogs and sometimes the Troll we have seems small.

Put an advert wanted on the Eriba sites, be prepared to travel ask questions on here a wealth of knowledge and a very good friendly forum as the name suggests. Try the search looking for hints and tips don't just buy the first one you see unless of course it is what you want and a good one. I don't know where you are situated unless you are near Poole?

There is a summer meet in Stratford Upon Avon in two weeks and there will be 37 Eriba's of all different sizes and lay outs. And I feel sure you would be welcome by all if you can make it you will have a fantastic opportunity to gain invaluable knowledge.

Someone else will be along shortly to give you knowledge on the dealers you have mentioned I could not comment about those. Good luck in your search don't get disheartened take your time.
Steve

Eriba Troll name Trevor year 2004 pushing a Honda Crv 2.2 diesel residing in sunny Lancashire.
Poptop320 and campnsnooze like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:14 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.464 Posts

Eriba shop are in Norfolk, run by a guy called Dom Fox, he has a good reputation in the Eriba community. Kool Classics also haven't had any negative press that I'm aware of.
Ebay is a mixed bag, there are genuine sellers on there also some dodgy ones. Take your time, see the vans, if it sounds too good to be true it probably is and don't part with any money up front.
There is also Tony Lloyd in Lancashire, non dealer but an Eriba enthusiast.
and good luck.

2008 530GT still awaiting tow car.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:26 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

I bought my first Eriba from Ebay, however I had a look at it before the bidding ended and I knew it was a good one.

Use the search function on this site and ask as many questions as you need, have a look at this link it has a check list for things to look for when you go to inspect an Eriba.

Buyers guide check list

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:03 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

We have a Triton 430. If you put a kid to sleep on the floor, you wouldn't be able to move at all. I can't see that working. Put the squids to sleep in the van and you sleep in the awning until they're old enough, would be my solution. That way you can keep the front vignette free to sit at. I remember non 5 and 8 year olds would be able to sleep on the bed with the back cushion removed. The 430 has a loo who h is a boon with kids.

Last edited Tue Jul 25, 2017 5:05 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 26, 2017 8:19 pm
by fiona (deleted)

Hi,

We were in the same position last year and downsized from a 6 berth (children were 5 and 3) van to an Eriba and bought a troll 540. We were lucky enough to view a forum members van and have a good look around (having previously viewed a triton) to compare. I think you may be better off in a troll - we thought the triton may be a bit of a squeeze for us. Our children haven't graduated to sleeping outside the van yet but we currently manage 4 of us in our troll with a bit of planning!

I would also recommend Tony over at Eriba Caravan Sales based in the north.

Study the market for a while and see what sells so you will have an idea what you can get for your money.

Good luck!

Andy (&Fiona!)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:16 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Tom & Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:11 am
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

Hi Indigo
From what you have said I agree with those others who think a Troll might be more suited cos of the extra room. We have the 540 and have had three of us and a young child sleeping in it.
Last summer we stayed next to a couple with an older Troll. They had 2 young teenagers and Dad had taken out the top seating area and replaced it with two bunk beds. He was really careful not to screw through the walls and used a type of wedging system. It looked dead clever and the kids loved it. Mum & Dad slept on the 540's double which they made up every night. This gave them a sitting area if the weather wasn't great. If it was dry they ate outside under a canopy..
Good luck with whatever you decide on. Mike T

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 27, 2017 12:42 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Think you would do best with a Troll 540 which is 3 berth unless you can find the bunk bed version (rare)

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 27, 2017 8:56 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

I bought my Eriba from Ikonickampers.co.uk, he usually has a triton or two for sale but you can ask hime to find your "ideal Eriba", he imports from Europe and only deals in well sorted 'vans.

Highmiler.Troll 530GT and Skoda 2.0 TDi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 27, 2017 10:01 pm
by marmite | 400 Posts

Hi,
Give the 4 berth Triton 418 some serious consideration. Our two lads slept in the front double until they were 14 and 12 with no problem. They don't have a dedicated toilet compartment but we managed night time wees with a small porta potti amidships. The boys used the generous front dinette as a games area during the evenings leaving the rear dinette for mum and dad to lounge in.

Denise & Phil

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 30, 2021 12:13 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Another thing to check for when buying after reading a post on FB:

Have you been given the alloy wheels locking nut key.

Steve.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:11 pm
by Derekcbr (deleted)

Agree with others on here in this post. Go for a Troll 540 but take your time and look at as many as you can. The advice you get on here from experienced Eriba owners is sound so take note. Good luck and keep us updated on your quest

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 30, 2021 10:22 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

Sorry to draw you into this 4 year old post by someone who has left the forum Derek 😅

I was just looking for somewhere to add an idea to the poptop320's checklist.

Steve

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 14 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2