Pop top popping when travelling

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:22 am
by Katef (deleted)

We had our first week away in Nina and it was fab. We did however discover a slightly worrying quirk...her pop top occasionally popped up during travel...and yes we did triple check that it was latched away! The first time it was rear, second time front (after 5+hrs on road!)

It would seem to be the latches that are slipping / moving during transit. Certainly one of the rear latches never seems to seat well. Anyone else had this problem? Can you tighten the latches in some way?
TIA

Scroll up

RE: Pop top popping when travelling

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 31, 2021 8:29 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

and eeeek! Luckily we haven't had that problem. I can't help but someone will be along soon.

Betty, 1998 Triton 430 and Colin, a Renault Mégane.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:23 am
by greenman | 14 Posts

Later (newer models) have the front pair with a turn screw to lock them in place, maybe they could be retrofitted to yours

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:45 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Kate, fortunately this is one Eriba quirk I've not been blessed with. What year is your van? On post 2010 vans you must raise the front first when the roof goes up and drop the back first when it goes down. If not you will have a problem. I do not recall it was critical on older vans.

Colin

aka Oscar - Audi A3 1.5 petrol _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:47 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

I fitted a new roof seal last year and found that the roof now seats down much more positively, so that could be worth a try.

This thread should tell you all you need to know Roof seal

(See Post 57 for details of the seal used and supplier Seals Direct, New Milton, Hampshire)

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Sun Oct 31, 2021 9:51 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:03 am
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

What age is your van Kate? There is some concern on earlier vans that the scissors springs on the roof lifting mechanism have gone/never were fitted etc.

If this is so with yours then I suspect that there is no spring resistance when the roof is open/closed which might mean that the lid moves during towing.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 31, 2021 10:43 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #6
What age is your van Kate?
26 years old, according to this.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 31, 2021 11:45 am
by Randa france | 12.890 Posts

Thanks Pete. So a little newer than some of the ones I have come across. I still don't know if they didn't come with springs or were lost in time but they dated up to about 1990.
Nothing to say that the springs could be lost on newer models though always assuming that is the problem in this case.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 23 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105785 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5