Lock n level - a certain level of success!

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 17, 2021 2:49 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 212 Posts

After trying to level our troll using a ramp when there was no room to manoeuvre with the car, and being determined not to fit a mover we invested in a “Lock ‘n level” inflatable mat which goes under the tyre and uses a tyre-pump to inflate and raise the level.
Build quality looks good, and it’s easy to inflate with the electric pump.

I have to say it’s been 100% effective since buying it - every site since has been flat as a billiard table.

Scroll up

RE: Lock n level - a certain level of success!

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:01 pm
by chasnick | 69 Posts

It's a great bit of kit. When we first got ours last year we bought a 12volt compressor that plugged into the cars socket, but it wasn't always possible to get the car close enough so now have a cordless one from Argos(£40), which is ideal.You could also use a traditional hand or foot pump as mentioned in the previous post.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:32 pm
by Williebraveheart | 351 Posts

Best leveller on the market.

Stewart

2019 Troll 535GT Fixed Bed. Mercedes GLA 220d 4Matic
Magpie and eribanaut like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:44 am
by John Cross | 264 Posts

If I need to level, I do it with the mover and ramps, best caravan invention in years IMHO.

2005 Troll 540 and 1994 LR Discovery 1 Fred and Diane
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 29, 2021 7:34 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

the only problem is a mover weighs 30k and costs £800 plus a battery at 30k, versus lock n level £104 and 2k
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
chasnick likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Oct 29, 2021 11:11 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Hiya I have lock n leveler used it a couple times this year brilliant bit of kit quick and easy to use does the job bang on. Morphy

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 30, 2021 5:29 pm
by GCL | 122 Posts

It is one that might interest me, could you insert the link? Thank you.

Land Rover Discovery3, 2003 Eriba Triton 430
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Oct 30, 2021 6:03 pm
by Morphy | 966 Posts

Hiya these are the people email sales@locknlevel.co.uk or call us on 01525 375271 / 07931 310 481

https://www.locknlevel.co.uk/store/Singl...evel-p108651961

Morphy

New Troll 540GT on the way Silver Skoda Octavia Scout residing in sunny Lancashire.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:57 am
by GCL | 122 Posts

Thanks,. I did not understand well understood. After you've done the level, do you leave it swollen? resists like this for the whole period?

Land Rover Discovery3, 2003 Eriba Triton 430

Last edited Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:58 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:23 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Yes you leave inflated, I have had our caravan on one for 2 weeks without it deflating
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 03, 2021 11:31 am
by rutts | 81 Posts

There is at least one firm that do guaranteed,refubished movers & of course,if you have the diy capabilty,you can buy 2nd hand & fit the mover yourself.the loss of cargo carrying capacity is a trade off with ease of use,especially if you have an awkward drive entrance to negotiate @ home.For those of us of a certain age & physical disposition,it's a no brainer & allows us to "carry on camping".Lots of years ago( back in the 70's) I bought a van leveller(I think, Alko) that was esentially a side standing screw jack with a plate onto which you placed the van wheel then raised it to the desired level .That was way before movers were on the market,but I was a very fit young man then & pushing the van around wasn't a problem.(those were the days my friend).Thank the Lord for small mercies,especially when they come in the form of a motor mover! Dave

Skoda Superb 1.8TSI
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Nov 03, 2021 9:26 pm
by Inspecta_Gadget | 212 Posts

That’s great Dave, but thankfully we only really need a mover for getting the troll out of the drive when it’s been put in ‘nose first’. - for the time being anyway!
We have a “Mr Shifta” for that so we don’t have to carry all the extra weight or discharge the battery when we’re off-grid.
We had movers on our previous big white boxes and when the time comes, I’ll consider fitting one to “little flo” or maybe get a Camping trolley.
In the meantime this inflatable leveller was worth pointing out to others without movers.
- Either that or make do with only half a cup of tea. 😀

Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105785 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2