bathroom/shower tap not working at all

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:43 pm
by BerylFfrangcon (deleted)

Any suggestions gratefully received. If you mention any parts I will need to rectify would you be so good as to mention where they can be obtained. Many thanks Dafydd and Beryl

Scroll up

RE: bathroom/shower tap not working at all

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:20 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Need to know a bit more detail to help properly, but the following might give you some clues to where the problem lies.
If your taps have independent micro switches, open the tap in the toilet and then also open the tap at the kitchen sink. If water flows through both taps then you probably have a faulty or disconnected microswitch in the toilet tap, not a blockage in the tap or pipework.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:36 pm

Thank you for your prompt reply. The problem is not a blockage, we think, and the kitchen sink tap works fine. When you switch the tap on, there should be a click as the contacts make the electricity switch on the pump. We don't appear to have the click. Both pumps are working correctly and the toilet flushes. Dafydd and Beryl

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 02, 2017 6:06 pm

Still struggling with this tap, still does not work. Hopefully this is the only problem left !!!!!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 09, 2017 8:39 am
by natnjohnlee (deleted)

Hi have you still got a tap problem? I'm afraid I'm not offering advise as I too have a bathroom tap with electrical fault it keeps shorting so have been advised by my engineering brother it will prob need replacing Im not sure where the best place to go for this would be it all looks a bit complicated on eBay so may try local motor home dealer first as taps should be fairly stardard fittings?

proud owners of a triton 430 2011 caravan newbies
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:22 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: natnjohnlee wrote in post #5
Hi have you still got a tap problem? I'm afraid I'm not offering advise as I too have a bathroom tap with electrical fault it keeps shorting so have been advised by my engineering brother it will prob need replacing Im not sure where the best place to go for this would be it all looks a bit complicated on eBay so may try local motor home dealer first as taps should be fairly stardard fittings?
Quote: BerylFfrangcon wrote in post #4
Still struggling with this tap, still does not work. Hopefully this is the only problem left !!!!!

If you could take a photograph of the offending taps and post them on here, people may find it easier to help because there are several different types of tap in use, and some have a replaceable microswitch.

The switches aren't difficult to change, and it's ten or twelve quid for a microswitch as opposed to sixty-odd for a whole new tap.

RF18-668/2

Last edited Sat Sep 09, 2017 5:18 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 52 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105778 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4