Caravan tie backs.

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:30 pm
by Bigbird (deleted)

Hi all, just been away for a short break in our Eriba and something that was majorly annoying reared it's ugly head. Does everyone else have those annoying little plastic hooks at each side of the window? You're supposed to put something lightweight but strong on it, I'm guessing, to tie back the curtains.... I've just spent all weekend 'awake', because the darned curtains keep brushing your face...and for an arachnaphobe...boy that's no joke..lol Is there a solution that anyone has found??

Skoda Roomster Scout TDi, being pushed by a Famillia 320 GT.... I don't think Bertie Blue, the Harley Davidson, would put up with anyone pushing him...

Last edited Sun Aug 13, 2017 7:31 pm | Scroll up

RE: Caravan tie backs.

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:26 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

In the short term use your blinds rather than the curtains and in the longer term get some round elastic and make yourself some tie backs.

Highmiler.Troll 530GT and Skoda 2.0 TDi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:49 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Are you referring to the plastic hooks between which should be strung lengths of thin shock cord?

The curtains tuck behind these cords when drawn so as not to flap about as you describe.

Tie-back loops hold the curtains in place away from the windows when not in use.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Pepé Le Pew likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:16 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

You can get thin elastic from the supermarket.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:48 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

These people do shock cord in varying thicknesses.

I replaced all our curtain retaining cord using their stuff - like for like for all the windows bar the long rear one. The cord for that was one size heavier because the rake of the back window causes its curtains to dangle further into the interior if the existing cord has started to lose its elasticity.

You can buy little metal crimps (bootlace ferrules) to secure the end loops Werbung: on eBay, or alternatively the smallest nylon cable ties you can get will do a perfectly acceptable job instead.

Adjust the length so that it isn't pulling the wall hooks out of shape (the wallboard they're attached to doesn't provide a terribly secure fixing), zip up the ties, snip the tails off and Robert's your mother's brother.

Not expensive at all, and no more curtains in your soup.

The following contents have been linked to this post:

RF18-668/2

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Aug 14, 2017 1:47 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 14, 2017 8:09 pm

Or even better just get rid of the acres of net curtains. Horrid.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:02 pm
by Bigbird (deleted)

Well, the latest update is, the stupid net/curtain holders, were so ineffectual, in that a couple appear to be pulling out of the walls, where the rivets are pulling through...not a good scenario. I have made the best of a bad job, but actually drilling holes in the plastic, and placing tiny wooden knobs through them, securing tightly, so the plastic does not snap apart. I have some thin corded elastic holding back the curtains, but it's still not very good. We only have a blind on one window, and am not sure how/where to get two sets of blinds, one for each of the side windows and a set of new seals for the door side window.... groans..more expense...

Skoda Roomster Scout, being pushed by a Famillia 320 GT.... I don't think Bertie Blue, the Harley Davidson, would put up with anyone pushing him...
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:40 am

Can you post some pics?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:46 pm
by Bigbird (deleted)

Hi there, yes, of course, I will try and get some tomorrow...

Skoda Roomster Scout, being pushed by a Famillia 320 GT.... I don't think Bertie Blue, the Harley Davidson, would put up with anyone pushing him...
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 55 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4