Troll 542 Opening in Chassis

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:33 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Whilst doing a bit of cleaning earlier today I noticed a section of the chassis frame that was open to the elements. The same is to be found on the other side of the van and whilst it is located close to the mover (which is why I noticed it), in fact has nothing to do with it other than the mover supporting brackets are attached to this section of chassis which runs across the full width of the van. The first thing that struck me is that any water entering this section shall probably result in internal rust at some point in time especially if all sections of chassis are openly connected.

Does anyone else owning a fairly recent 540 series van have this same situation which is marked in the attached image with an arrow?

Easydriver_1-Edit.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Last edited Fri Sep 01, 2017 5:34 pm | Scroll up

RE: Troll 542 Opening in Chassis

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:27 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

My 2017 430 is the same. Have a crawl underneath and you will find several areas similar.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:29 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Hi Deeps my Familia is the same, I wouldn't worry about it to much as if you look carefully it is fully galvanised internally as well

|addpics|e6n-5-b32d.jpg|/addpics|

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Last edited Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:30 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 01, 2017 6:33 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

Same.

Troll 540GT (2013) gently nudging up against Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:42 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Thanks all. In one respect it's good to read that this appears to be a standard 'feature' whilst on the other hand it raises the question of whether this open-ended cross member is the result of cutting lenghts off a mucher longer original length with no attention being paid to finer details or whether this open slot is intended to fulfill another purpose. Oh well, annual service due in a couple of weeks so will seek the opinion of the lads in the workshop.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:47 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Quote: Deeps wrote in post #5
Thanks all. In one respect it's good to read that this appears to be a standard 'feature' whilst on the other hand it raises the question of whether this open-ended cross member is the result of cutting lenghts off a mucher longer original length with no attention being paid to finer details or whether this open slot is intended to fulfill another purpose. Oh well, annual service due in a couple of weeks so will seek the opinion of the lads in the workshop.

The French built vans are the same, some use the open end to put a VW jack in it....

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:40 pm
by Pop540 (deleted)

have one as well, looks like the bottom aluminium rail is deeper than the French eriba ones,

wondered if this was how the frame attached to jig when setting out for welding.

Eriba troll 540 2003 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 62 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105777 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2