RE: Car servicing regime:

in We've got it down to a T Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:10 pm
by hob (deleted)

Is that like the meta data I can look at on my images ?

Time flies like an arrow...................fruit flies like a banana
Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:31 pm
by Unhitched (deleted)

This is one reason why I love this forum.... Many posts on car servicing(we never use the expensive dealership servicing once Warranty has expired but a local garage who only do what's needed and pick the cars up from the house but more importantly for us, from the office) and then further reading there is a seamless new post on photography!

As an outdated aside we also run AC once a week for a 5-10 in the colder months (advice from 'The old Man) maybe we will become less cautious and go for every other week! That will please Hitched but I suspect she appeases me and doesn't actually do It in the winter ... Hmmmm... Yes my male authority often gets undermined

Lee, ' Hitched' to Sarah....and in search of an Eriba to also be hitched to...

Last edited Fri Jan 17, 2014 5:40 pm | Scroll up

in We've got it down to a T Fri Jan 17, 2014 9:21 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: hob wrote in post #16
Is that like the meta data I can look at on my images ?

Exif is a subset of Metadata and is the information originated by your camera. Metadata can also have edited info including tags or other user generated info. So in short, one can be considered a subset of the other.

For example, Exif is the recording of all camera data and happens automatically. It's also a standard that specifies the formats for images, sound, and ancillary tags used by digital cameras, scanners and other systems handling image and sound files recorded by digital cameras.

To a certain extent, applications like Adobe Lightroom or Adobe Photoshop - or Bridge to be precise - present a shortened version of this data; the bits that most photographers will find useful, and list it in a Metadata panel to which the user can add such things as keywords to assist in later searching etc.

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM and a Yellow Submarine of course.

мы прибываем невидимые
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6