Full face wheel clamps & hitch post recommendation?

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:31 am
by Julesx (deleted)

Some security advice please?! I've just picked up our 1965 ish Puck and would now like to add some security! I want to purchase a wheel clamp that fits over the face of the wheel and covers the wheel bolts. The wheels on my Puck are tiny trailer like wheels and there is not much space between the body and the tyre wall. Does anyone here use such a device on an older Puck and if so which one?

Also, I plan to fit a security post into the ground - sunk into concrete as the Puck lives on the driveway. Again, does anyone have any recommended products that they have used successfully?
Many thanks

Jules

Scroll up

RE: Full face wheel clamps & hitch post recommendation?

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 04, 2017 10:54 am
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

We use a "Stoplock" wheel clamp which covers the wheel nuts and also has a good range of adjustment. Whether it'll adjust down to 8"or 10" however without hitting the wheel arch, I don't know.

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:47 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

I have just got one of these, it should fit a range of sizes as the lock bar slides up and down in a slot.
http://www.caravantech-shop.co.uk/produc...mp#.Wa1mrU02yos
this is the manufacturers site.
http://www.purpleline.co.uk/all-products/nemesis-ultra
Dave

Citroen C4 auto 1.6 Hdi Troll 552 - 2005
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:32 pm
by Julesx (deleted)

Quote: eribanaut wrote in post #3
I have just got one of these, it should fit a range of sizes as the lock bar slides up and down in a slot.
http://www.caravantech-shop.co.uk/produc...mp#.Wa1mrU02yos
this is the manufacturers site.
http://www.purpleline.co.uk/all-products/nemesis-ultra
Dave

Thanks for the suggestions. I've just had a look at their online video. Looks like a good solution but I don't think I can use that one on my small 10" steel wheels as they are solid faced unless I'm missing something?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 04, 2017 4:44 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

None of these any good?

RF18-668/2
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:14 pm
by Julesx (deleted)

Quote: Pepé Le Pew wrote in post #5
None of these any good?

Yes, I guess they will work - thanks. This one appeals but I need to check that it will fit my little wheels! Purpleline Nemisis -

https://www.tridenttowing.co.uk/security...AyABEgKkcvD_BwE

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:57 am
by Agger (deleted)

Hi Julesx, we had a Nemesis for quite a while on a Troll (bigger wheels) it comes in 3 parts, 1 the lock, 2 the clamp, 3 the wheel cover.

The lock I always fitted the wrong way up my thoughts were I had all the time in the world to remove it, but a thief would be in a hurry.

The clamp would only fit from the rear on the Troll, due to other chassis bits in the way. It has a large alken headed screw which needs to be undone to enable it to slude over the wheel and tyre, it is then tighrened again to ensure a good grip. There is a second allen headed screw with a shroud around the head onto whuch the cover is placed. It's easier if the allen bolts are well oiled.

The cover slots over the shrouded allen headed screw, you then tighten the screw and insert the lock, this hides / covers the screw.

Nemesis is heavy! A but awkward on a Troll (bigger wheels) and needs stowing, I always carried it in the car, secured by a strength tested climbing strop.

I'm not sure if you would have enough clearance with 10'' wheels? I hope your search is succesful and my post has been helpful.

Likes to wax and have a smooth finish! 😎

I am above no one and no one is below me

Last edited Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:35 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:33 am
by Julesx (deleted)

Thanks for the review Agger - very helpful! I think you are correct! Its's too big for for the smaller wheels on the Puck. I think I will go for one of those mentioned above that cover the wheel bolts. Whilst most of these ones are not overly secure they at least provide a little deterrent combined with some other security measures that hopefully will stop the van going walkabout.

I have a 'Bulldog' wheel device at the moment but all of the bolts are exposed. The wheel can be removed in no time and the thief can just bolt a 'trailer tyre and wheel' to the hub and then drive off - easy!

Thanks again - I will report back when I have found something suitable!

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:48 pm
by davethebeard (deleted)

Ah-ha! so here we are, seven months on from Jules' last post - and I have precisely the same problem with a '73 Puck - so did you ever sort out a suitable wheel clamp please?
Dave

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 31, 2018 3:29 pm
by davethebeard (deleted)

Hallo world out there - another season almost over and quite a mileage done in my 1973 Puck - but still not got a wheel clamp (fortunately my hitchlock - purpose made for a previous van - is good so I'm not losing any sleep BUT) - can anyone tell me if a Milenco 0970 Lightweight Wheelclamp (specifically designed for 8" to 10" wheels, according to their catalogue) will fit my Puck? My concern is not so much the size but if it will fit between the tyre and the wheelarch. If anyone has an early Puck with pressed-steel Mefro 3.00x10 rims and has successfully fitted a wheel-clamp could they PLEASE let me know????
Ta! Dave

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:17 pm
by swa49 (deleted)

I'm using the yellow disc one (Stronghold?). It seems very tough and it's easy to use. Mind you, the light fingered underlings haven't tried to steal the van yet, so who knows how well it will stand up to an angle grinder!!

Triton 430GT + Golf mk7 2.0TDi DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:52 am
by Julesx (deleted)
Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 IMG_1800.JPG 

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:01 am
by Julesx (deleted)

When I purchased my Puck it had trailer wheels fitted with one original wheel as a spare. I had planned to source another (10"?) original wheel to match but they seem hard to find and Heiner at Eribabasar did not have any. In the end I purchased a pair of 4 x 100 ET10 rims with 350B x 10H2 tyres on line.

The Bulldog clamp fits well as you can see in the above pic. I'll see if the clamp fits my original wheel later and get back to you but I think the clamp may not be such 'snug fit' around the tree as it is with the trailer wheels.
Jules

Last edited Sat Sep 01, 2018 8:02 am | Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 54 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4