Insurance

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:12 pm
by SharDave (deleted)

Any recommendations out there for good insurance cover? Going to pick up our first ever caravan and first ever Eriba, on Sat. Is the insurance that the Caravan club offers a good way to go?

Last edited Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:41 pm | Scroll up

RE: INSURANCE

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:48 pm
by sibillini | 236 Posts

It pays to shop around, the CC is good cover but pricey. We are with Alan Blunden aka Cover4Caravans who we find fine and not inclined to annual increases in premium. We have also used the Camping and Caravan Club in the past and there are folk on here who use Saga.

No doubt there will be other recommendations.

Decide on the replacement cost, the contents value and accessories value (awning etc) and get a few quotes, its all pretty standard depending on the age of the van.

One thing, its worth checking if the vans contents are covered by your house contents insurance.

Good luck and enjoy Saturday.

Charlie

2002 Eriba Troll 540 (Elsie) + Honda CRV 2.2 diesel
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Sep 05, 2017 8:52 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Agree with above about CC being expensive, but they are excellent. We have used them for many years but premiums climbed. We had a year with SAGA but have now been with Lifesure for a few years.
Be warned, expect your first years premium to be high. On a newish van £400 would not be unheard of.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice new white 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 07, 2017 9:40 am
by MiniKay (deleted)

Just had to renew the insurance on our 1981 Puck, We were with K Drewe insurance which got taken over by A Plan last year. What was a good deal previously suddenly went up a lot with a £20 admin fee on top - when questioned they said you get better value because they now keep an eye on the policy and shop around, but they couldn't find a better deal. So we pay £20 extra for the privilege. Anyway, just shopped around myself and did an online quote with Cover4Caravans. Before I'd finished getting the quote they phoned me and bettered the online quote. I have just taken out a policy with them and saved about 30% (and upped the insured value slightly to cover current values). So it is definitely worth shopping around.

1981 Puck pulled by 1968 Mini
mr_underhill likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:28 am
by Toilingtroll (deleted)

I've always thought, and there's no way of knowing before the event, that a true test of how good an insurance deal is when it comes to a claim.

eribanaut and Ribski like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:36 pm
by Julesx (deleted)

I don't have a new caravan but have recently purchased a 1965 Puck. I called a number of insurance companies. The Caravan Club quoted £115 plus the joining fee. Saga and a few others wouldn't offer insurance cover for caravans that are older than 30 years.

Adrian Flux quoted £86 which I though was OK so that is who I went with in the end.

Scroll up

RE: Insurance

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 10, 2017 8:29 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

We had been with Saga for many years but this time the premium increased by £30 even though no claims. Shopped around and contacted Towergate and adjusted details to increase market value of van using AL used prices and also included new Awning which was expensive (Unico). We also added preotected no claims which was not on Saga.
Price came in £70 cheaper than Saga Contacted Saga and inquired whether they would like to amend the renewal based on the price from Towergate and the changes made to which they came up with a price £110 more .
Cancelled and gone with Towergate

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 55 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4