RE: Walker awnings

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:26 pm
by Doonhamer | 77 Posts

Thanks for the speedy replies, I'm sure that things will appear more obvious when I can get a good look at the awning.

In the meantime, are you both correct? Does the riser bar spike fit through the awning beading & then the bracket which is raised from the awning rail with a spacer?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:40 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.725 Posts

Quote: Doonhamer wrote in post #16
Thanks for the speedy replies, I'm sure that things will appear more obvious when I can get a good look at the awning.

In the meantime, are you both correct? Does the riser bar spike fit through the awning beading & then the bracket which is raised from the awning rail with a spacer?
I don't know about the beading.

I do know if you fit a spacer (with some longer stainless self-tappers, obviously) then the short gable riser with the spike won't bind on the rail.

We've got a Walker too, and our gable riser is exactly the same as yours. Actually, I'm a bit surprised that there isn't already a spacer on your centre bracket - our Troll came with spacers on all three brackets so there was never any binding. The spacers on the two outer brackets makes locating the hooks on the eaves poles easier as well.

P.S. If you're short of the longer screws to accommodate the spacers, let me know. I can send you a handful for nowt.

Last edited Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:43 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 29, 2017 7:56 pm
by Deeps (deleted)

If you follow the line of the awning beading you'll find an additional short length located underneath at the central point. It is on this short length that the short figure of eight plastic strip as shown in the image slides onto.

All that said I wasn't aware that Walker produced an awning for the Puck especially a 2002 model. Did the company even exist way back then?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:11 pm
by Doonhamer | 77 Posts

To be fair to the seller he made a point of telling me that he was selling me an Eriba & that the awning was something that he throws in for free & not something he guarantees. If it doesn't fit I'm sure it'll sell well in the Spring.

I shall contact Jandi & obtain some spacers & yellow herzim strip to keep me entertained through the winter.

Many thanks for the offer of screws Pepé, I hope to find some in my garage, but if I don't you can expect a message.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:02 pm
by Randa france | 12.955 Posts

Quote: Deeps wrote in post #18

All that said I wasn't aware that Walker produced an awning for the Puck especially a 2002 model. Did the company even exist way back then?

Think we're talking about a Puck L Alan.

A friend of ours owns one and the Walker awning fits a treat :- g8p1701-Walker-Touring-Plus.html#viewport

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Doonhamer likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:30 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Thanks for that, Roger, one learns something new every day. Despite not being pegged out for whatever reason (cleaning probably) the awning appears huge for that van. The front flap is not far away from the front window and the top piece which extends over the white strip has way too much material. Only going by the view of a single image of course but compared to the Walker awnings for both the Triton and Troll this one appears much too big.

Edit: in this picture you can see that the side wall of the awning where it meets the roof section is at awning rail height. It is at this corner that the attachment to the rail is made. Quite how the attachment is made in the image that you provided is beyond me but does explain why the rain gutter top flap extends almost to the rubber roof seal where it serves no purpose whatsoever.

IMG-20170623-WA0005.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Last edited Mon Oct 30, 2017 6:45 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:41 am
by Randa france | 12.955 Posts

Not pegged out as it was his first fit after purchase.

I've not seen it in its full glory but I've had several reports on how good the awning is and that it's as dry as a cork. Having known Andrew for many years, since he was a lad, he's very fussy and meticulous to the point of being annoying.

When I next see him I'll ask about the top of the flap.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:45 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:29 am
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.725 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #22
When I next see him I'll ask about the top of the flap.
Might be that the awning rail on that model isn't actually the awning rail - the awning rail for the awning (rather than the gutter) is a straight length on the door side only and about six inches above the awning rail (which isn't the awning rail).

You can't see any of the awning rail to which the awning is attached in that photograph, because the awning is attached to it.

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 30, 2017 10:59 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Yes, looking in the gallery you could well be right. Is this elevated awning rail a standard fitting or owner added ?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 30, 2017 4:51 pm
by Valjoneribafan (deleted)

Hi Deeps, we have a 420 GT and Walker awning, just read your post and agree
with everything you say. We struggled at first but eventually came to the same
method you describe, takes about an hour to get it completed but well worth the
effort, a lovely awning and with the Eriba strip completely water tight.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:15 pm
by Doonhamer | 77 Posts

Quote: Deeps wrote in post #24
Yes, looking in the gallery you could well be right. Is this elevated awning rail a standard fitting or owner added ?

The elevated awning rail is a standard feature across all the Puck L range.

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Oct 30, 2017 5:16 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 06, 2018 6:40 pm
by Doonhamer | 77 Posts

A bit of feedback for those that were generous enough to help me out...
Still not managed to get away, but we took advantage of this excellent Bank Holiday weather to have a tinker with the Walker awning.
Having trawled the internet & contacted Walkers I think that our awning is one of the earlier ones & as primarily expected I had to fit a spacer - thanks Jandis - under our central awning bracket.
Cheers guys.

Attached pictures:
No rights to view attachments. Only file names are shown. Register now!
 received_10212028722698654.jpeg 
 received_10212028722898659.jpeg 
 received_10212028723098664.jpeg 
 received_1616189641828316.jpeg 

Eribanut likes this post!
Last edited Sun May 06, 2018 6:42 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 06, 2018 8:23 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Doonhamer wrote in post #27
A bit of feedback for those that were generous enough to help me out...
Still not managed to get away, but we took advantage of this excellent Bank Holiday weather to have a tinker with the Walker awning.
Having trawled the internet & contacted Walkers I think that our awning is one of the earlier ones & as primarily expected I had to fit a spacer - thanks Jandis - under our central awning bracket.
Cheers guys.

That's one big groundsheet!

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 06, 2018 8:35 pm
by Doonhamer | 77 Posts

We've downsized 😂😂😂

Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 15 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12574 topics and 106048 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6