Blind track end-caps

in Improving your pride and joy and how to fix things Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:49 am
by Spike (deleted)

At the bottom of the tracks which guide and hold the blinds there is a removable end-cap. On our Troll these end-caps have two holes where a screw can fix them to the wall of the caravan. One is a "lug" which projects from the side of the end cap and the other is located at the end of a groove in the body of the cap.

We are still at the "discovery" stage with our (new to us van) and finding things that need repairing. I've already replaced two end-caps because the lugs have broken - this was before I twigged about the other screw position. Non of the end-caps on our van have a screw in this second position.

Before I go drilling holes in the wall I would be grateful to know if other Troll 530s (of about year 200 manufacture) have end-caps that are secured using 2 screws. I'm assuming that I should be safe in using a screw of the same dimensions as the ones in the lugs ( approx 6 x 20) and that when our van was refurbished someone decided to cut costs or just couldn't be a***ed to fit them. In some locations ( the two front windows) drilling a hole will involve marking the spot and moving the blind to one side - this may account for "someone" deciding to risk just using one screw. Or maybe the two hole positions are options?

Thanks ( in anticipation of a response). Mike

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12528 topics and 105705 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1