RE: Breakdown cover

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:38 am
by Rfjamieson1 (deleted)

Has anyone else got a Nationwide Flexplus current account? One of the many benefits is European car breakdown cover, which includes caravan recovery (for 2 cars if you've got a joint account), plus worldwide travel insurance, and mobile phone insurance. All this for £13 per month, of which I get half back in account interest - so it costs us about £75 per year. .

If anyone's interested in transferring their account they would make £100 through "refer a friend" - and I Don't work for Nationwide - I've been with them for 40 years and I'm very impressed with them!

Last edited Sun Nov 26, 2017 12:40 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:24 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Quote: PhilipM wrote in post #15
Can anyone tell me the difference between a Green Flag standalone policy which includes caravan recovery and the C&MC Mayday policy which is provided by Green Flag? When I do a like for like quote with the same options Mayday comes out at around £40 more expensive. I can't see the added value.

Thanks

I believe there may be a restriction on length and weight with the standard policy. Also not sure that you get the full onward travel benefits. I found lots of information on Google about this as I was also interested.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
PhilipM likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Nov 26, 2017 1:31 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #14
Oh, wonder if Red Pennant have the same separation rule? We sometimes find ourselves more than 75 miles away.

Randa

Hi Randa,
just to reiterate the 75 miles is separation between the towing vehicle and caravan after a breakdown or accident. So I assume that if your car broke down and was towed to a nearby dealer to fix, they wouldn't then tow your caravan more than 75 miles further? Or they might do to take you to your original destination but would then not reunite you with your car if it was more than 75 miles away.

Thinking about this, if my car broke down on the way to a campsite and it couldn't be fixed quickly, I wouldn't want to carry on to a campsite any way as we go out in the car every day to places of interest. I would sooner they took both units back home and then my car on to my local dealer to fix.

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Nov 26, 2017 9:49 pm
by Pudelwagen (deleted)

Mayday takes you to your (pre booked) holiday destination and brings you back at the end of your holiday. Does green Flag do that?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Nov 27, 2017 12:52 pm
by PhilipM | 208 Posts

I don't think so. I guess that is the difference.

Eriba Familia 310 owner.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 13, 2018 2:31 pm
by Randa france | 12.887 Posts

Just made my annual phone call to the AA regarding the cost of renewing my breakdown cover.

As a long standing member they are now offering 12 months cover for the cost of 9 months. So just saved myself 25%. However they didn't offer that on the renewal.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Feb 15, 2018 5:05 pm
by Skoderiba | 209 Posts

Got mine through Lifesure: Car breakdown covers caravan as well. £49.50

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 34 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105780 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0