RE: The "Ocean Drive" and the "Rockabilly".

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:10 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

These are coming our way soon. Lowdhams have one advertised arriving soon. The front stoneguard profile looks fifferent though.
https://www.lowdhams.com/new-eriba-troll...aravans-64364.1

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:11 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:40 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

When you say the stoneguard profile looks different Colin, do you mean it looks different to the publicity pics of the model, or different from the stoneguard on the standard Tourings?

As far as I can tell they look about the same as current new standard Tourings, coming about just over halfway up the front gas locker panel. Older model two tone Tourings looked as if the stoneguard was higher but it was an optical illusion because the silver and white above swept around the front of the vans and broke up the top half of the panel, making the silver bit look smaller and therefore as if the stoneguard went higher.

On these coloured top vans and the 60th Editions the top paint finishes at the waist rail, whereas on the old white/silver vans the top white paint extended 6ins or so below the mid-rail. In my view that made a lot of difference to the way the van looked.

Having said that I saw a 60th at Adventure Leisure last Thursday and I was impressed with its external appearance. However they're a bit underwhelming in photographs because the grey vinyl in the mid rail doesn't provide an interesting contrast like the white and later red contrast vinyls give.

'Well the rain came, I thought you'd leave
'Cos I knew how much you loved the sun.
But you chose to stay, stay and keep me warm
Through the darkest nights I've ever known'.

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Feb 19, 2018 9:45 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:19 pm

Have a look below:-
high level.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)normal.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:23 pm
by Randa france | 12.885 Posts

You just beat me to the draw . I was about to post almost the same thing. If you look at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGHPCqxZjAE which is where I have just taken a still from, it shows your point on a real van.

I prefer the bigger stone guard.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:34 pm

I see what you mean in that picture taken in a barn or something.

There seems to be several oddities about these models with vans delivered to Continental dealers having blue paint that's several shades darker than the PR shots. The original pics were a skyblue and the delivered vans were royal blue. I think if I'd ordered one on the basis of the lighter colour I'd be somewhat miffed if the real thing was substantially different. Unlike Hymer who are usually punctilious about such things.

And for the record I think those large stoneguards are ugly and haven't even been cut with a flowing line that is a basic Eriba Touring design tenet.

Last edited Mon Feb 19, 2018 10:35 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:03 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I'd be too afraid of all The white upholstery inside...... wouldn't let the other half loose with a glass of red wine.....or me either

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 20, 2018 9:06 am

You could start on the gin or vodka instead.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Feb 24, 2018 12:04 pm
by Derekcbr (deleted)

..........that’s nice!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:42 am
by The Vast minority (deleted)

This pic is of a 530I 2018 MY with a 60 directly behind. Looks like the stone guard on the 60 is either just part of the paint scheme and not really a stone guard or it is a stone guard and is much bigger than the one on the 530I

Makes you think.......
Screen Shot 2018-02-25 at 11.36.03.png - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Feb 25, 2018 1:21 pm

The 60's that I've seen have the larger stone guard as do the ones pictured on AL's website on their 60 Edition page. However the 60 Edition 430 in Beck's stock list has the smaller size but the Adventure Leisure stock 60 430 has the larger size.

The Lowdham's stock list shows large guards on both 530 and 430 whilst the 'Colour' model pic shows it fitted with the smaller version, though it is just a Hymer publicity pic, not a delivered van.

So it seems like there's no hard and fast rule, unless all recent vans are getting the large version and it changed at some point late last year with no announcement.

Reminds me of Adria motorhomes a few years back where silver cab vans were leaving the Adria factory with radiator cowlings in gold and vice versa. One dealer said to me that they felt lucky if the Ducato cab door colours matched!!!!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Mar 05, 2018 3:10 pm

Hadn't realised it until today but there's a guy on Eribafolk Facebook called Rick Parker and he works for Adventure Leisure and furthermore, was involved with the brochure design for the Rockabilly and the Ocean Drive.

Here's what he has to say:-

Rick Parker "Randa... The Rockabilly and Ocean Drive models have the same stone guard as the standard Touring models – BUT the 1st two prototypes have been built with the 60 Edition stone guard so that’s where the different pictures come from. Correct and standard is the same as the standard Touring models. The Stone Guards are sheet metal and not painted. Hope That helps".

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Magpie and Terryc like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:21 pm

Leni & Toni on tour in the ERIBA Troll 530 ROCKABILLY

"Hello dear holiday friends, as you have certainly noticed, we were allowed to collect our first trailer experience in the special model Rockabilly and show you in our video today, how it has been."

Unfortunately Leni & Toni only do German

Randa

Last edited Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:25 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:47 pm
by Smilesapart (deleted)

We would have bought one of these had you been able to get one in the 540 layout

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:39 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Had a look round the one at the NEC caravan show in february. Not quite sure if all the design choices work.
The red theme looked great as did all the red accents inside. Not sure about the white, shiney kitchen and table surfaces. The white locker doors had a crackled white wood effect I wast 100% on either. Also the faux leather white, diner seats were a touch of kitsch styling too far. If they had held some of these back a bit, they would be on to something. The other niggle is that a fixed bed 530 is the only option. Not everyone wants a fixed bed. Similar problem with the 60th edition - we’d have probably gone with that if there was an option for dinette at both ends. The chap at Automotive Leisure said they have fed that back to Hymer previously as it comes up regularly.

~ N

~ We are still in a tent... but an eriba beckons...

Last edited Mon Apr 02, 2018 11:40 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:24 am

I'm in two minds about the 'specials' only being available in fixed bed versions.

Is it because fixed beds are so popular overall that Hymer don't consider it worth offering them in the alternative. Or is it that the fixed bed versions don't sell as well as they'd like and building the 'specials' in them gives their sales a push?

All things being equal you'd think some 'specials' would be offered in fixed and some not, but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Interestingly this is another area where Eriba are different to WWB manufacturers in the variety of the offer both in size and in alternative layout content. I can't imagine Coachman or any UK producer offering a choice of fixed bed or lounge on several different layouts, even though their vans, generally, have the space for such flexibility.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all

Last edited Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:27 am | Scroll up

Visitors
7 Members and 62 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 7