Pro Tec

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 20, 2018 7:16 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Speaking to a young lady on the Pro Tec stand at the show today, it would seem that they now do a front towing cover for the Eriba Touring, £199
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

RE: Pro Tec

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:09 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.076 Posts

quote from their eriba caravan covers page http://www.pro-teccovers.co.uk/index.php...-caravan-covers

"Please note that Towing Covers can not be purchased for Eriba caravans"

Still not used the Puck 120 GT yet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:33 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

That was then, a young lady called Becky has just designed one.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:46 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Looking forward to hearing more on this one!!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:47 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.332 Posts

Should be perfect as it has been in development for 2 years.
Protec tow cover

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:34 pm
by PhilipM | 208 Posts

Any idea how we order one and how easy is it to fit? It is not mentioned on the website.

Eriba Familia 310 owner.

Last edited Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:35 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:09 pm
by Magpie | 672 Posts

Pro-tec towing cover.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Front towing cover: I e- mailed Pro-tec yesterday (info@proteccovers.com) and received the following this morning. 'We have just launched our new towing jacket which fits an Eriba Troll'. The launch price for a Troll is £175.00 until 2nd March, then £199.00. The nice lady on reception said they are making them for other models too but I didn't ask for details. I suggest a phone call to 01274 780088 for details or to order if interested. ( No connection to Pro-tec - just think it's probably a good idea.) And you can have one in blue or green.

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Wed Feb 21, 2018 2:26 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:15 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I wonder how the sides and bottom edge attach?

'Well the rain came, I thought you'd leave
'Cos I knew how much you loved the sun.
But you chose to stay, stay and keep me warm
Through the darkest nights I've ever known'.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:43 pm
by Randa france | 12.920 Posts

Borrowed your pic Jennie and Bob, to add to this Gallery. g160-Towing-Covers.html

Looks like it comes in two bits, slides through top and bottom rail from the sides of the van before zipping in the middle.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Magpie likes this post!
Last edited Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:47 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 3:44 pm

A bit more news,from Nicole Topham at Pro Tec:-
"We actually have patterns for all of the models of Eriba now from the year 2014, and will be able to pattern up older years for this same design of towing cover."

I would be interested in some detailed photos, as although I think even £175 is expensive it would help stop the dings to the stoneguard front and resultant breakdown of the lacquer that protects it.
I'm going to ask what they have available.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:18 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Next they'll be selling Tow Cover covers to keep the tow cover clean

'Well the rain came, I thought you'd leave
'Cos I knew how much you loved the sun.
But you chose to stay, stay and keep me warm
Through the darkest nights I've ever known'.
Magpie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:29 pm
by PooleDweller | 753 Posts

Have just spoken to Pro Tec. Suggested they get a number of pictures showing how the cover attaches to the van. The top is obvious but the sides and bottom aren't. They mentioned the word 'clip' saying it would be clipped in place. When asked were we expected to drill the bodywork to have attachments they said 'no. They are going to send me a sample of attachment clip.

Randa was right, the cover is in two halves zipped together - I am told the zip is well protected from touching the bodywork. The zip is two way so can be unzipped from the top or the bottom. Zips also provide access to the front handles.

They are sending me a sample of the 'clip', which is used on other products, and other items that may be of interest pictures etc. Whatever I get I will post it on this thread.

I have also been given the email address of the MD so that I can ask questions of him directly regarding the Eriba cover. So if anyone has a question send me a PM and I will batch them up and forward them. I'm sure there is a lot of interest in this product - be good if it had sides, a back and a lid we would then have a multipurpose cover for all occassions?

Robin

2015 Eriba Triton 430GT pushing 2011 VW Golf Estate DSG 2L Diesel
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:33 pm
by Randa france | 12.920 Posts

Why not invite them on here to promote it Robin?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 4:52 pm

Robin, l
ooks like I am running parallel with you. I have contacted them to ask if the pads are suitable for fixing to a dimple surface as 1/2 the vans sold now could be this non smooth finish.
The idea is they stick to the side of the van, I have asked them how many, and they locate with a stud in the cover.
If/when you need to remove them you pour hot water over the pads and slide a credit card or similar behind.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Feb 21, 2018 5:16 pm
by PooleDweller | 753 Posts

Randa - I think Admin should be the one to invite Pro Tec onto the Forum. I will PM you.

Colin - If you don't get a response to your dimple question I'll take it up. I don't like your description of how the press stub is attached to the vans side but was reliably told the process is used on other vans and leaves no marks - but thats probably on GDP caravan sides. I don't know about the dimpled Eriba finish but the smooth finish is I believe paint and lacquer and pouring hot water on the bodywork to remove !!!.

Robin

2015 Eriba Triton 430GT pushing 2011 VW Golf Estate DSG 2L Diesel
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 9 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12556 topics and 105898 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3