Electric ovens

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 27, 2018 3:35 pm
by POPPY4AM (deleted)

Looking for a small electric oven for our 320. Any advice would be most helpful.

Scroll up

RE: Electric ovens

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:00 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Aldi and Lidl do 1400 watt jobs at different times of the year. These are fine on UK sites but the near 6 amp requirement may cause a problem on foreign sites. Be warned the outsides get VERY hot. If you can source one I would try and buy on of the older Dualit DM01 ovens. They were built to the same standard as the commercial toasters, but at £200+ not many sold. I picked up a mint one a couple of years ago for £50. They are a rue fan oven, grill etc and would stand in for an oven at home.
photo.JPG - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)
Another option is a Remoska. Best that you do a search on this one. I thought them a gimmick until I was gifted one by elderly mother. I love cooking and they are wonderful. Lakeland plastics sell them [at a high price], they are frequenty found on Gumtree etc, or you can get an import for a good price from Alza, https://www.alza.co.uk/remoska/18854015.htm
Others like the halogen/light cookers and small microwaves, but not for me.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:11 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

We've been using Remoskas for 12 years now, even using it at home to save firing up a big oven. Mrs SDA has cooked all sorts in it, including Mars Bar muffins on one famous occasion.

They are expensive but Lakeland give them a lifetime guarantee and we're on our third new one but have only ever purchased the initial one in '06. Both our u/s ones went with the same issue, the seal around the lid element goes and steam gets inside and causes it to short out. It seems to happen about every 4 years when used fairly often.

'Well the rain came, I thought you'd leave
'Cos I knew how much you loved the sun.
But you chose to stay, stay and keep me warm
Through the darkest nights I've ever known'.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:24 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

Another vote for Remoska but be aware the lifetime guarantee is no more. When my last Remoska went kaput they told me the warranty is now only 3 years and you must have the receipt. So the receipt is safely filed in case. I use mine at home most nights to save electricity, always disappointed when something won't fit and I have to use the proper oven.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Eribanut and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 27, 2018 5:31 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Julie Grafo wrote in post #4
Another vote for Remoska but be aware the lifetime guarantee is no more. When my last Remoska went kaput they told me the warranty is now only 3 years and you must have the receipt. So the receipt is safely filed in case. I use mine at home most nights to save electricity, always disappointed when something won't fit and I have to use the proper oven.

Hmm very interesting Julie, now where did I put that receipt ?

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:10 pm

Surely if the original purchase was a lifetime guarantee then future replacements are still covered by that same warranty? New purchases can be 3 years but they can't change the terms part way.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 27, 2018 6:25 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.463 Posts

Not sure Andy, they told me that the lifetime guarantee was never written down as such but I honestly can't remember how it was originally sold. My third Remoska had the same issue as yours and I didn't have the receipt so they changed it for a new one and issued me with a returns type receipt which stated that original receipt not shown. It was at that time that the sales assistant told me the guarantee was 3 years.
So fingers crossed that this one lasts, they are a really great piece of kit but would I spend that much again? I would but I don't think Neil agrees. If it comes to the crunch I may have to sneak into Lakeland and say nowt.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:23 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

I have never seen any written evidence of a lifetime guarantee on Remoskas. As Lakeland were the only importer or distributor of the original Remoska it was however easy for them to be generous with problems. The failure or return rate would I imagine be fairly low as not all owners use the cooker to its full potential, the high price charged for the units gave them a financial buffer, and you must have bought it from them. The goodwill gesture and word of mouth through the grapevine has turned out to be good for them and help raise what is near cult status for this bit of kit.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:32 pm

IIRC we paid something like £120 for ours in 2006, so £10 a year doesn't seem so bad.

Can you imagine how much it would be if it was an Eriba Touring price list cost option?

Last edited Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:33 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:08 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

There was a big discussion on the merits of the lifelong guarantee of the Remoska, instigated by myself I believe. The out come was that Lakeland said that if you were not satisfied with any of there products to contact them and they would attempt to solve the problem. So if your Remoska broke you contacted them and they replaced it.This has now been updated to a guarantee period of three years. I do not know if this changes the way that they work now, but they used to say (satisfaction guaranteed). However having bought a Remoska there is no way that we would ever be without one again, so if ours broke we would go straight out and buy another.

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
Magpie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:50 pm

Whenever there's a post like yours Tomorod I swear I can hear Randa cussing and huffing the the background, trying to find the relevant historic thread in order to post a link.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:55 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I use a halogen oven. In got mine for about 35Euros and it had worked a treat for years.
Here's one
https://www.amazon.co.uk/HALOGEN-ENERGY-...ds=halogen+oven

Last edited Wed Feb 28, 2018 7:56 am | Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 12 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105780 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2