Speedos or not

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:22 am
by hampshireman (deleted)

At the Garage.....the Grange....somewhere in France last year, budgie smugglers weren't insisted on, so is that the norm on private pools or just some? Need to get my summer wardrobe sorted as you do.

Puck 225L pushing CMax 1.9TDI Ghia
Scroll up

RE: Speedos or not

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:30 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

You tryin' to think yourself warm there Derek?

'Well the rain came, I thought you'd leave
'Cos I knew how much you loved the sun.
But you chose to stay, stay and keep me warm
Through the darkest nights I've ever known'.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:36 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Derek,
this rule seems to differ from site to site. I carry a pair just in case in the van. I've had to wear them on 3 continental sites since 2003. I am amazed that they still fit.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:36 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

It's a pretty universal requirement now in France, Derek, and I was kicked out of the pool at Collioure a couple of years ago for wearing a pair of Next swimming shorts.

I argued with the attendant and asked him to justify the decision but he just shrugged and said, "Hygiene".

I think it's a load of bolleaux myself but eventually I capitulated and now keep a pair of French supermarket-bought budgie smugglers in the Eriba exclusively for use while on holiday.

ps In anticipation of popular demand, I would add that pictures are NOT available.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:38 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:54 am
by Frantone (deleted)

‘Popular demand’ ???????

Wrong website I think❗️

Troll 540GT (2013) gently nudging up against Galaxy.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:28 am
by Randa france | 12.887 Posts

Zitat
Quote Aaron Calder:- ps In anticipation of popular demand, I would add that pictures are NOT available.

Zitat
Quote Frantone:- Popular demand’ ??????? Wrong website I think❗️

Hold the bus! I seem to remember and I think Frantone does as well, that many moons ago, on a Planet far, far away, Mr Calder did post a photo of himself.

Aaron Calder.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

Randa
ps. don't forget the rolled up pair of socks

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:32 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:42 am

I'm sorry but a rolled up pair of socks and hygiene?

Well, OK, but they gotta be clean socks and would definitely be needed in this weather, thermals preferably

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 02, 2018 11:08 am
by Spapro (deleted)

Definately a new Picture Album required on the forum for all these photos we need to see !

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:26 pm
by Pip1136 | 68 Posts

In Spain you will nead a swim cap as well its the norm there

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 02, 2018 2:38 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

What if you are bald?

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 02, 2018 5:54 pm
by Pepé Le Pew | 2.722 Posts

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #4
It's a pretty universal requirement now in France, Derek, and I was kicked out of the pool at Collioure a couple of years ago for wearing a pair of Next swimming shorts.

I argued with the attendant and asked him to justify the decision but he just shrugged and said, "Hygiene".

I think it's a load of bolleaux myself but eventually I capitulated and now keep a pair of French supermarket-bought budgie smugglers in the Eriba exclusively for use while on holiday.

Maybe I'm being thick, but I don't understand the rationale for insisting that a chap wear an unpleasantly small swimming costume at all.

How does hygiene come into it?

Unless it's because the looseness of more tasteful swimming attire allows a gentleman's danglements to... erm... swill around in the water more than those cringingly tight Speedo things do.

Is that it?

Unless Speedos are waterproof (and as far as I know they aren't, though I have no personal knowledge of this), the pool water still comes into contact with your man gubbins, doesn't it?

Actually, having forced myself to think about this for a minute, Speedos couldn't be waterproof because if they were, a fart would cause them to inflate, albeit briefly.

And that would be most unfortunate. And hilarious.

In the confrontation you describe, Mr Cauldron, I'd have thought that the pool attendant should have been summarily shot for applying such a ludicrous rule with a complete lack of bon sens.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:17 pm

Makes no sense to I either.

As a gentlemen in the midst of parting (sorry) with some hair, am I confined to wearing half a swimming helmet and if so, which half?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:18 pm
by Randa france | 12.887 Posts

Zitat
Quote Pepe le Pew:- Maybe I'm being thick, but I don't understand the rationale for insisting that a chap wear an unpleasantly small swimming costume at all.

This started life at campsite swimming pools near the sea and bathing rivers. The thinking is that bathing shorts and cut downs have pockets which can collect sand and any bits and pieces off the beach.In the main, it is aimed at kids and teenagers but because the pools in question have signs up the rule has to apply to everyone, male or female.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:21 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:27 pm

Hold Hard Monsieur Randeer!

They ladies have, ahem, things that could have extraneous bits and pieces in, that we gents have not. I demand to know wot are the rools for ladies tops?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:55 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

So far as I can make out, the rule is to prevent young lads who may have been wearing the same pair of shorts all week from going into the pool wearing them.

By banning all types of shorts (even my other clearly marked 'Speedo' swimming ones weren't deemed suitable) they avoid potential arguments.

The sensible approach is to 'do as the Romans - or in this case the French - do' and accept that they do things differently over there.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105780 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3