Wheel Clamp

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:00 pm
by Linda J (deleted)

Can anyone recommend a good wheel clamp? We are looking at a Milenco original C14 but I'm sure many of the helpful friendly folk on here could advise us!

Scroll up

RE: Wheel Clamp

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 07, 2014 4:38 pm
by Randa france | 12.889 Posts

Hi Linda and John.

You may be dictated to by your insurance company but if you are free to choose then although the heavyweights do a better job, they can be a nuisance to drag around with you when you're touring.
We use on of these:-

wheel lock.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

They are reasonably priced, easy to fit and fairly easy to stow. Please note that the central circular bit is large enough to cover the wheel nuts. Some on the market are not so the wheel and lock can be removed together.
This particular clamp has lasted us for four years now.

By the way, we rarely see caravans in France with wheel clamps and they are quite amused at us when we fit ours.

R and A

1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:25 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 07, 2014 5:34 pm
by Steamdrivenandy (deleted)

We 'inherited' one of these http://www.towsure.com/product/Nemesis_S...van_Wheel_Clamp with Esmerelda and kept it when we sold her.

I've only recently fitted it to Amber and rarely used it on the Eriba. It's darned heavy and blooming awkward to fit. So it never goes away with us and whenever I fit it my blood pressure rockets.

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:26 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

We've got one of these.

It's brilliant. Incredibly quick and simple to fit and remove.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Magpie and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 08, 2014 2:44 am
by crow (deleted)

I use the "crab claw" type, what ever you go for remember weight and storage.
You should have an approved hitchlock anyway and that is often all an insurance
company ask for (but do check)

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 08, 2014 10:18 am
by Deeps (deleted)

Quote: Aaron Calder wrote in post #4
We've got one of these.

It's brilliant. Incredibly quick and simple to fit and remove.

Ditto

2013 Triton 430, VW Touran TDI BM
[URL=http://s1015.photobucket.com/user/ForsetiImaging/media/ezgif-save2_zps3a4a0487.gif.html] мы прибываем невидимые - we arrive invisible

Last edited Sun Aug 06, 2017 1:38 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 08, 2014 12:56 pm

I can't say I've seen too many (if any) motorhomes with anti-theft wheel clamps fitted, but Milenco seem to think there's a market

'This Insurance approved Wheelclamp fits all Caravan and European Motorhome'

Amber a Lunar Quasar 464 Sussex Amberley Sussex Caravans dealer special pushing a '59 reg. Kia Cee'd 3 SW 1.6 CRDi Automatic, a rough towing ratio of 86%.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:56 pm
by Stamford (deleted)

[quote="Steamdrivenandy"|p5018]We 'inherited' one of these http://www.towsure.com/product/Nemesis_S...van_Wheel_Clamp with Esmerelda and kept it when we sold her.

I've only recently fitted it to Amber and rarely used it on the Eriba. It's darned heavy and blooming awkward to fit. So it never goes away with us and whenever I fit it my blood pressure rockets.[/quote

Saying that fitting a Nemesis is,"blooming awkward to fit',..is being very kind to the product.
I leave the keys in mine as no tea-leaf in his right mind would bother trying to get one off, even with the keys!.

Don't need a Weatherman to know which way the Wind blows!

Last edited Sat Mar 08, 2014 4:57 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Mar 08, 2014 5:04 pm

I'll remind myself you said that, if someone half inches the van

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:13 am
by Pop540 (deleted)

I saw one of these in a caravan shop, and was quite impressed, but don't know if would fit eriba, the the impressive insurance discount got my attention in the review

Eriba troll 540 likes constant hugs, and buffs and the odd cuppa.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:07 am
by Agger (deleted)

Quote: Steamdrivenandy wrote in post #3
We 'inherited' one of these http://www.towsure.com/product/Nemesis_S...van_Wheel_Clamp with Esmerelda and kept it when we sold her.

We have one of these and to be honest I do see people struggling and often get asked how I attach it so quickly / easily, my secret is i detach the round wheel cover part, i put the claws around the tyre and into the wheel recess, then before tightening fully i relocate the wheel cover and tighten both allen screws fully, insert the barrel lock and secure.

Mine is left attached to the van all year round outside and is exposed to all weather's, so I always lightly grease both Allen screws and attachment points, other than than, it gets left alone.

Yep it is heavy, but I travel light (without a full jacuzzi) and I put it in a wheel cover, and bag before we move, it then travels bein the passenger seat Iin the rear footwear.

Nothing stops a determined thief, as most of us know it just makes them look elsewhere!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 11, 2014 7:42 am

Allen screws? Allen screws??

Hold the phone!

What allen screws?

Surely if there's allen screws holding the wheel cover on (too cold outside to check) it compromises the security?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 11, 2014 11:12 am
by Agger (deleted)

Mine came with 2 Allen screws / bolts (I may have thrown you there, unintentionally) one is used to do up the wheel clamp, the other to attach the wheel cover, both are then hidden by the barrel lock.

I've just washed and dried the car and caravan before waxing both later, just come in for a warm! I'll try and take a picture later for you, I could do a video BUT that would compromise my disguise lol

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:34 pm
by Tigerlily (deleted)

Quote: Pop540 wrote in post #10
I saw one of these in a caravan shop, and was quite impressed, but don't know if would fit eriba, the the impressive insurance discount got my attention in the review

We have the Purpleline Nemesis Ultra fitted to our Troll, it seems very sturdy and is quick and easy to fit

Troll 530
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Mar 11, 2014 4:54 pm
by Agger (deleted)
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 28 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105784 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1