Hot water!

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:13 pm
by Sashella (deleted)

Hi. Can anyone advise please. We are waiting to get our Troll, but we don’t know at the moment whether it has a hot water system. Anyway, to the point..... is the hot water system for the kitchen only or is it linked to the shower too. I ask because we have seen a water container under the sink in the kitchen and a separate container in the bathroom. We cannot think how these are possibly connected..?. Does anyone know what set up we should be looking for? Thank you

Scroll up

RE: Hot water!

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:19 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

Standard build was a 13L plastic jerry can under the kitchen sink and another under the bathroom basin.
Vans did not have hot water unless ordered with it as a factory fit, although a few of us have done a retro fit.
Hot water would need a larger, 30/50L tank under one of the seats or an outside Aqua Roll type fill. This would replace the two seperate jerry cans and feed both bathroom and kitchen.
If you can see the jerry cans in the photos of your van then you do not have hot water.
If you are practical you can retro fit a system for about £700 using an electric only Truma or Propex heater, new taps and extra pipework.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:28 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.607 Posts

I use one of these hot water boilers for our Eriba, it's enough for brews and Washing.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017WIFFQ6/r...ding=UTF8&psc=1

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:34 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

As Colin said, if you have containers under the sink and wash basin you don't have hot water and you'll have to fill those 13L containers quite often. That's the standard Eriba Touring water system.

Having a boiler with associated stuff as a factory fit option costs just £250, but retro fitting is much more expensive with Cameron of AL quoting £770 and Dom of Eriba Shop saying £800. He also said that hot water adds £250 to his valuation of a van.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:35 pm
by Sashella (deleted)

Thank you that was really helpful😊

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 22, 2018 6:37 pm
by Sashella (deleted)

Yep. We get that now! Thanks, excellent😊

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 22, 2018 8:08 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.452 Posts

Poptop 320, what size of Thermo Pot do you have. Presumably it just sits on the worktop under the overhead locker?

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:31 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.607 Posts

Quote: Julie Grafo wrote in post #7
Poptop 320, what size of Thermo Pot do you have. Presumably it just sits on the worktop under the overhead locker?

Ours is not exactly the same one as in the link as it is no longer available, but it's the same principle. We have 3 litre Superkettle and it sits on the kitchen top under the top locker.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

Julie Grafo likes this post!
Last edited Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:34 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Mar 23, 2018 10:13 pm
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

Hi Sashella
We paid extra for the hot water heater on our troll 540 and as people say it does the sink and the bathroom. However I would say don't dispair if you haven't ordered it as we have found that we very rarely use ours as we use the site facilities. We don't use the shower in the van and we have a good kettle.However I know that there are people on the Forum that would disagree with us and use their hot water boiler all the time.MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 52 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105579 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1