RE: Will someone PLEASE buy my Bailey

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:10 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I realised you meant private sellers but they're few and far between when you want a 540 with hot water. Indeed any 540 at all. At present there are none on private sales on any of the sites you mention. That's what got me motivated to email the dealers.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:03 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: steamdrivenandy wrote in post #11
Quote: gattim wrote in post #8
There’s always a price at which someone will buy it, maybe it is too high, or the weather has not improved enough to get people thinking about their summer plans etc. Can you not trade in for an Eriba?

As I say, it's priced £600 below the lowest priced similar van I can find for sale. And that doesn't have a mover fitted or the cost option central chest. So to bring it up to the standard of my van would cost a buyer another £1,000. There are even private sellers asking £1,500 more than me for the same year/model.

Talking to other sellers and dealers I've heard that dealers are having an OK, but not startling, season selling new vans but that means more part exchanged used ones coming into stock. Used sales have slowed right down, or not actually taken off yet this year. That's depressed the offers dealers are willing to make on used vans as they have too much money tied up in used stock and don't want any more.

If you look at the C&MHC Classifieds you have a lot of competition !

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:56 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: steamdrivenandy wrote in post #12
I had a sudden thought and emailed Becks as they have a new 540 in stock. They've given me an offer of £10K on my Bailey, which is about £1,000 below my private sale asking price, but better than the £7,500 our local dealer offered to buy the Bailey from me for.

Trouble is they're sticking at a list price of £23,510 for the van, which means financing £13,510 plus a mover, plus an awning of some sort. And their stock 540 has no hot water. They say they can retro-fit but as two dealers have told me £800 for fitting I can't see them being any cheaper.

Then there's the weight. I'd have to limit it's loading to 1200kg and as, after options there's just 182kg left of it's 1300kg MTPLM it means I could only load 82kg before exceeding the car's towing limit. If I had a 27kg Powrmover fitted I'd be left with just 55kg. Now my stripped down van contents list totals 109kg, so I'd have to lose 54kg or 50% of the stuff we put in the van.

Clothing & footwear 32kg
Bedding 10kg
Aquaroll & Wastemaster 12kg
Fridge contents & dry food 12kg
Wine & soft drinks 10kg
Cutlery, crockery and cooking stuff 5kg
Towels & toiletries 6kg
Folding chairs 5kg
CADAC 4kg
Remoska 3kg

That totals 99kg and there's lots of other little bits and pieces. To get down to 55kg I could leave all clothes and shoes behind, not bother with bedding or Aquaroll or Wastemaster. Lose the wine etc and I'd just about be right.

Having a pre 2010 540 with a similar spec and 27kg mover fitted leaves me with about 110kg of payload left, rather than the 55kg a new one offers.

Really, with my current car, a post 2010 540 just isn't going to work

To get down to 55kg I could leave all clothes and shoes behind, not bother with bedding or Aquaroll or Wastemaster. Lose the wine etc and I'd just about be right.

Ahh looking to go the Naturist route eh Andy ?

https://www.naturistfoundation.org/

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:04 pm

And Eribas don't have a split door for modesty.

Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:51 pm

Zitat
If you look at the C&MHC Classifieds you have a lot of competition !

All I could find were five otherSeries 2 Rimini's of 2012 on the CMC Classified site as listed below:.

£12,950 Dealer in Gloucester - no mover, no central cabinet
£12,495 Dealer in NI, - no mention of mover, no pictures at all.
£11,750 Dealer in Northants - mover but no central chest
£11,495 Dealer in Stoke - no mover, no central chest
£10,995 Private in Newcastle T&W - no mover, no central chest
£10,900 SDA nr Crewe - mover AND central chest

Mine's £2,050 cheaper than the most expensive and has a mover and central chest which would cost £1,000 to add.

Mine's £95 cheaper than the other private sale that's at the other end of the country and has no central chest.

The nearest dealer wants another £595 and then you'd have to spend another £1,000 to fit a mover and central chest.

I'm sure there's other competition from other brands but at least I'm highly competitive in the model and year that I'm selling.

Last edited Fri Apr 20, 2018 11:45 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:39 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Put up some flyers advertising an open day and see who turns up.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:06 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Is it possible that being too cheap is putting people off?
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

Visitors
6 Members and 12 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12525 topics and 105670 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 6