Will someone PLEASE buy my Bailey

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:28 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I've been advertising her for weeks. She's all clean and sparkling on the drive, ready for a new owner. She's in superb condition, everything works and she has a full service history and has another 3 plus years of Bailey's warranty. Fitted with a mover, the optional centre chest and Tyron bands. She's priced at £600 below the lowest priced one of a similar year that I can find and that one has no mover or central chest. To get hold of both will cost another £1,000. So why is nobody interested, cos I need to buy an Eriba.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
Scroll up

RE: Will someone PLEASE buy my Bailey

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Apr 18, 2018 8:53 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

Shouldn't you be posting this on the Baileyfolk forum, Andy?

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Randa france and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:14 pm

I have. It hasn't done any good either. That's why I HUMPH!

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Apr 18, 2018 9:34 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.743 Posts

Oh, OK, if you insist:

Samantha has to nip off to the National Opera where she's been giving private tuition to the singers. Having seen what she did to the baritone, the director is keen to see what she might do for a tenor!

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:45 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Take her to a supermarket car park and do an open day sort of thing.
Over here, people often sell caravans in campsites so people see them ....
What about those websites for selling second hand stuff? We bought our Betty from one of those.

Last edited Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:47 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:00 am

I hadn't thought of the supermarket thing, though I'm not sure what the itinerant car washers would make of it. She's already on the Caravan Club classifieds site and Preloved. Looks like Ebay is next, but as a classified.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 19, 2018 8:12 am
by eribaMotters | 5.310 Posts

Gumtree. I've found it generates more interest as all potential buyers can respond to adds immediately and are not tied into waiting due to membership terms and conditions / fee.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:06 am
by gattim (deleted)

There’s always a price at which someone will buy it, maybe it is too high, or the weather has not improved enough to get people thinking about their summer plans etc. Can you not trade in for an Eriba?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:34 am

The only dealer that appears to accept WWB's in PX is Lowdhams and I've been waiting for a quote from them for 2 months. They don't really do used Eribas and I don't really want a new one, so I've not pushed them too hard.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 19, 2018 10:34 am
by gattim (deleted)

you might have to keep messaging Eriba sellers to see if their plans include wanting a WWB?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:19 am

Quote: gattim wrote in post #8
There’s always a price at which someone will buy it, maybe it is too high, or the weather has not improved enough to get people thinking about their summer plans etc. Can you not trade in for an Eriba?

As I say, it's priced £600 below the lowest priced similar van I can find for sale. And that doesn't have a mover fitted or the cost option central chest. So to bring it up to the standard of my van would cost a buyer another £1,000. There are even private sellers asking £1,500 more than me for the same year/model.

Talking to other sellers and dealers I've heard that dealers are having an OK, but not startling, season selling new vans but that means more part exchanged used ones coming into stock. Used sales have slowed right down, or not actually taken off yet this year. That's depressed the offers dealers are willing to make on used vans as they have too much money tied up in used stock and don't want any more.

Last edited Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:20 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:01 pm

I had a sudden thought and emailed Becks as they have a new 540 in stock. They've given me an offer of £10K on my Bailey, which is about £1,000 below my private sale asking price, but better than the £7,500 our local dealer offered to buy the Bailey from me for.

Trouble is they're sticking at a list price of £23,510 for the van, which means financing £13,510 plus a mover, plus an awning of some sort. And their stock 540 has no hot water. They say they can retro-fit but as two dealers have told me £800 for fitting I can't see them being any cheaper.

Then there's the weight. I'd have to limit it's loading to 1200kg and as, after options there's just 182kg left of it's 1300kg MTPLM it means I could only load 82kg before exceeding the car's towing limit. If I had a 27kg Powrmover fitted I'd be left with just 55kg. Now my stripped down van contents list totals 109kg, so I'd have to lose 54kg or 50% of the stuff we put in the van.

Clothing & footwear 32kg
Bedding 10kg
Aquaroll & Wastemaster 12kg
Fridge contents & dry food 12kg
Wine & soft drinks 10kg
Cutlery, crockery and cooking stuff 5kg
Towels & toiletries 6kg
Folding chairs 5kg
CADAC 4kg
Remoska 3kg

That totals 99kg and there's lots of other little bits and pieces. To get down to 55kg I could leave all clothes and shoes behind, not bother with bedding or Aquaroll or Wastemaster. Lose the wine etc and I'd just about be right.

Having a pre 2010 540 with a similar spec and 27kg mover fitted leaves me with about 110kg of payload left, rather than the 55kg a new one offers.

Really, with my current car, a post 2010 540 just isn't going to work

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:13 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Zitat
Quote SDA:- Having a pre 2010 540 with a similar spec and 27kg mover fitted leaves me with about 110kg of payload left, rather than the 55kg a new one offers

Plus the fact the whole package would only cost you £13,500 which will leave you with a nice Eriba AND a Bailey.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Apr 19, 2018 9:08 pm
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

No room and no point in having two for goodness sake Roger.

Anyway I've sent a stirrer to Lowdhams, emailed Adv Leisure but their sales managers out today, and asked Cameron at AL for a PX. He's responded saying that he's asked for underwrite quotes as they don't PX WWB's themselves. The quotes have come in at between £8,500 and £9,000 which is £1,000 or more below Becks.

I'm pinning some hope on Tebay. According to their website they have 27 new Eribas in stock and with just four months of the Model Year left they've got to be very nervous about shifting them. Presumably they'll be on stocking plan but the interest will be mounting as each week passes.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:34 am
by gattim (deleted)

I meant messaging PRIVATE sellers to see if they were contemplating ‘upgrading’ to a WWB, and then doing some kind of cash pls ‘van deal. I am sure some would be wanting this switch but wouldn’t be going to buy a WWB until they had sold their Eriba, hence the possibility of doing a deal.
It doesn’t take much to message eBay, preloaded, caravansforsale or gumtree sellers when you see an Eriba you like pop up. It might even give you a USP as a buyer!

Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12524 topics and 105667 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3