ACSI Card

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue May 08, 2018 8:20 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

We have got our ASCI Card for 2018 which includes the books for Europe but wondered is there any benefit in buying the maps for the App? I would have thought all the information required is in the books ?

Mike

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

RE: ACSI Card

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue May 08, 2018 8:30 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Last year was our first with ACSI and we had the app for free. The lovely Mrs eribaMotters said it used up a lot of something that I do not understand on her phone, but I made her keep it on for the duration of our French trip. I think it was a quicker and easier way of searching for sites than the book. If you have internet access though I don't think it is worth bothering with.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue May 08, 2018 8:52 pm

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
Last year was our first with ACSI and we had the app for free. The lovely Mrs eribaMotters said it used up a lot of something that I do not understand on her phone, but I made her keep it on for the duration of our French trip. I think it was a quicker and easier way of searching for sites than the book. If you have internet access though I don't think it is worth bothering with.

Colin

It probably used up a lot of memory on phone. We have a Mi-Fi and I have just bought a 24Gig Data Sim for use in Spain/France if we cannot use any local site Wi-Fi whilst on our travels so that should suffice. Didn't see point of paying extra £5 for the download (couple of beers)

Mike

Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 09, 2018 7:46 am
by Biljul | 51 Posts

We find the ACSI app is very good. In early and late season the date filters are particularly useful. We download the maps at home before we go so no internet access is needed.

It also interfaces with the 'Here We Go' app which we use for navigation as it is better than the car sat nav and easy to keep up to date. It is a Free app.The maps for this can be downloaded before you go and so no internet access is needed on the move. However your phone or tablet will need GPS for this to work. Check the location settings on your smart phone.

Triton 420GT and Kia Sportage 2.0 Diesel.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 09, 2018 8:56 am
by gattim (deleted)

The app is well worthwhile both for finding sites in regions - much easier to use a map than a list of campsites in alphabetical order when you want to find sites in or near a particular location and for better understanding of the site itself. The individual site pages also include reviews which often inspire one to visit a site or lead one to avoid it - depends on your priorities when on-site (state of the facilities, WiFi, pitch selection, helpfulness of owners). There are some great sounding sites in the book that get slated for their out of date loos for example. The reviews give you access to other’s views rather than a ‘list of features’ which you don’t get from the book. There is also more comprehensive and understandable section in the campsite facilities rather than the quirky reference guide in the book using letters and symbols.

Last edited Wed May 09, 2018 8:57 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 09, 2018 4:19 pm

Quote: gattim wrote in post #5
The app is well worthwhile both for finding sites in regions - much easier to use a map than a list of campsites in alphabetical order when you want to find sites in or near a particular location and for better understanding of the site itself. The individual site pages also include reviews which often inspire one to visit a site or lead one to avoid it - depends on your priorities when on-site (state of the facilities, WiFi, pitch selection, helpfulness of owners). There are some great sounding sites in the book that get slated for their out of date loos for example. The reviews give you access to other’s views rather than a ‘list of features’ which you don’t get from the book. There is also more comprehensive and understandable section in the campsite facilities rather than the quirky reference guide in the book using letters and symbols.

Had re-think and have bought the app based on advice. Downloads are taking an age tho'

Tempus fugit; carpe diem

Last edited Wed May 09, 2018 4:19 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 09, 2018 4:59 pm
by gattim (deleted)

Downloads do take an age unfortunately, even at high speed, on first downloading, but updates take a lot less for obvious reasons.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 09, 2018 5:05 pm
by gattim (deleted)

I forgot to add that you can send campsite messages from the app and hence book a pitch, and also pass through to the campsite website

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 7 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105676 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0