What's your best 'hack/tip' for Eriba-life?

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 17, 2018 5:27 pm
by Cazzab (deleted)

Our first purchase of an eriba earlier this year (we've been without any sort of van for 4 years) I started to remember some top 'hacks' for easier/happier camper/tent living thought it would make a good thread.. I will start with my favourite......
Collect any free sachets if sauces, easier to pop in a little Tupperware box rather then bulky bottles, especially good for things you probably won't use a whole of bottle of I.e mustard/brown sauce etc

I'm sure everyone has loads, let's hear them!.....

Scroll up

RE: What's your best 'hack/tip' for Eriba-life?

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 17, 2018 6:00 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Those small plastic bottles for one portion smoothies etc are great for decanting olive oil, cooking oils, vinegar, tomato ketchup, brown, Yorkshire Relish etc etc. A re-use of plastic. They don't break. They take up less space than their parent bottles.

If you've got a front dinette layout, drop the table when travelling and lay your folding chairs on top of the seat cushions. Pad with pillows and towels to avoid scratching the front bulkhead and to stop sideways movement. The front bulkhead will stop any forward movement under braking and unless you reverse extremely fast and brake very hard they won't slide backwards.

'I've got nothing to do on this hot afternoon
but to settle down and write you a line.'

2012 Bailey Pegasus 2 Rimini being dragged by nothing at all
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 17, 2018 7:24 pm
by jobberwock (deleted)

In the first year of Eriba owning life always wear a crash helmet when entering or leaving the van

, , , eribanaut, gwte, , , and atkinbrown like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 17, 2018 7:51 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Make a list of everything you [think you] want to put in the van and weigh all of these items. You'll then end up taking the stuff you really need and not overload your pride and joy.

Colin

ps - also means you can carry more wine

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 24, 2018 10:13 pm
by Doug Dickson (deleted)

Replace standard older bathroom door hinges with fold back hinges fitted to newer vans, makes an enormous difference.

Put a screw-in hook near the door on which to hand car/van keys, it's amazing how 'lost' they can be in sucha small space.

Cut a strip of foam camping mat to push down the 'head' of the bed between the mattress and the bulkhead so that your arms don't strike cold on the interior.

If your van uses the table-top to provide the support under the seat cushions for the bed, use foam camping mat to prevent condensation between the mattress and the table on cold nights.

Doug

Biljul likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu May 24, 2018 10:57 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Doug,
You've just reminded me of one for car keys and small items. I was going to make a long thin shallow tray and double sided tape it on top of the door screen frame.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
cruickie likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri May 25, 2018 6:15 am
by rambling robin (deleted)

Although a bit of an edge case, one of the best tips I picked up here a while back was getting the control switch for the mover located in the under bed locker next to the hatch, so it can be accessed from the outside.

Neurotic Kia Sportage trundling MegaPuck 410
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:18 am
by Brenda (deleted)

I’m putting pipe “insulation”, which is just lightweight black rubber like material, over the metal brackets that lift the roof. Wraps around, comes off easily, and saves my head from banging into the metal.

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 11 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105676 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0