in Anything Eriba-related Wed May 23, 2018 11:18 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I think I can re-use that part of my current setup, thanks

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

RE: Puck on board fresh water

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 31, 2020 5:18 pm
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

Hello it's Steve again the great thread resurrector!

I'd like to get a tank inside Esther for short stops and the like. I can tee into the existing feed to the sink from the Carver compact retrofitted on the outside. Have found the tanks for sale online in a few places and after reading through this thread I knew to find the correct screw top with access for the pipe and power. The Carver thing has a non return valve on the inside so not a problem to just connect the new supply in, and the 12v I can just have a switch in the cupboard to send power to the inboard pump and switch off when we want to use the outboard. I've even got a spare pump that I've acquired with some other stuff, and here lies my problem...

Does anyone have a clue on the correct fitting for the Reich pumps with the smooth sided outlets? My inner plumber says it must be some kind of push fit thing but I'm a bit uncertain. Here's the pump:

FB2A7488-4AF3-4D4B-B340-DD94AF75494A_1_201_a.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

The new one I fitted to the Carver supply has barbs, and just went onto the old pipe nice and tight, but I'm not even sure what size of hose to try with this one. I'd like to get the right bits if I can.

Many thanks all

(Verity &) Steve
Esther the Puck and Bianca the BMW. Esther's Instagram
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 31, 2020 10:19 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

I only wanted on board water to avoid making holes in the van when my current setup fails. If your system is not obsolete and working I would keeps things simple. As for your question, as always, I have no idea

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun May 31, 2020 11:16 pm
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

Well it wasn't working when we got her. After much head scratching and buying a new pump I had to remove the tap from the sink to discover that the microswitch wasn't working very well. So I dismantled, cleaned and reassembled, that did the trick . After that I realised that the water pipe needed de-kinking and the electric supply was a bit 'Heath Robinson' shall we say.
So not a lot fazes after that lot and I realised after the last short trip out that an on board tank would be really nice to have, while keeping the aqua roll for longer stays on site. Plus the fact that I do like a project lol.

(Verity &) Steve

Last edited Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:19 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 05, 2020 4:54 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

We have gone a step further. We never use our sinks.We store our water in what it comes in namely a 5 litre plastic bottle, it is small enough to fit in the cupboard, under the sink, and not so heavy you can't use it to fill the superkettle or saucepans. We wash ourselves and wash-up in the camp site facilities. Sometimes we have filled the bottle from the campsite tap or we buy a new one when shopping.Washing up with others is always a good chance to chat to other campers, and our Troll sink in the bathroom is not an easy space to wash or shave in, and the kitchen sink is also too small for proper washing up.This also means we don't have to have a grey water container and empty it.When we are on the move we use baby wipes.

Highmiler.Troll 530GT and Skoda 2.0 TDi
granddadgrape likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jun 13, 2020 7:48 pm
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

Done.

52AA60C4-DA5B-4E67-A9C3-33F1CA6BC1FE_1_201_a.jpeg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

(Verity &) Steve
Ray Lawrence likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 14, 2020 8:25 am
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

Neat job. What was in the cupboard before?

And the next project is............?

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 14, 2020 11:52 pm
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

Thanks. It was full of bits and bobs basically. The previous owner used that space to store a wooden box with all sorts; locking wheel nuts, gas spanners, carver pump, spare pegs for awning, a myriad of screws and broken plastic clips, years of dust and dirt....etc...

Next project is probably a shelf above the tank to store the stuff listed above (minus the dust) lol.

Oh and if anyone was interested, the pump I used accepted the 10mm ID pipe I bought for the supply, simply pushed on, and works well.

(Verity &) Steve

Last edited Mon Jun 15, 2020 3:05 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Dec 28, 2020 8:19 pm
by Sulphurman | 82 Posts

Just to mention - I ended up having to fit a non-return valve on the feed from the pump in the onboard container, as the external pump was back-filling it. All good now though.

(Verity &) Steve
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4