New with a super silly question

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 28, 2018 9:33 am
by Eribees (deleted)

Hello. Newbies from Berkshire here. Our van delivered Friday from AL. Eriba 540 full GT package etc Bought on a whim - didn’t consider another van! Never slept in a caravan before, just 10 days in a Motorhome in Australia and the Eriba seems so small but as soon as it arrived on our drive it looks plenty big enough. Sooo excited. Packing today. All a bit rushe for first outing tomorrow and forecast not great.

Silly question. Do you always pop top down when van is left on a site? For security or for chance of rain while out and about?

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: New with a super silly question

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 28, 2018 9:42 am
by AndyEarle (deleted)

Welcome,

and a great choice you will have a good time in your van I am sure.

We leave our top up when left on site, but down when stored.

Cheers Andy & Viv...

660 GT Pontus Eggbert on the tail of Mercedes C class Estate...
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 28, 2018 9:44 am
by eribaMotters | 5.328 Posts

Welcome to Eriba ownership and enjoy your new van. It will take you a season or two to get used to everything,find out what works for you and work out little niggles, then you will not look back.
Entry through side of pop top when up would not really be possible. Just leave it up. We usually store ours with top up when possible as well. That is when in the garage or under its cover when not being used during the warmer months.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Mon May 28, 2018 10:22 am | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 28, 2018 9:47 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

The only silly question is the one you later regret not asking.

Welcome. Top up when on site, down when towing and when stored.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 28, 2018 10:09 am
by jobberwock (deleted)

and enjoy

Cheers Ian

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 28, 2018 11:48 am
by Frantone (deleted)

Welcome to another 540😀
and remember .....front up first and down last.

Troll 540GT (2013) gently nudging up against Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 28, 2018 2:00 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Well, it depends on the weather. On site, If its nice, top up. When it's cold and wet, top-down. It's your van so you can do what you like lol we also sleep with the top down if it's very windy or noisy,
from a sometimes glorious, sometimes gusty and wet Brittany!

Last edited Mon May 28, 2018 2:01 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 28, 2018 3:19 pm
by Bryn | 994 Posts

being silly helps with this forum, good luck from a very wet Charente

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 28, 2018 5:29 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

New pic?
Why is there an ERIBA in that log store? Didn’t the mayor make himself clear?😀

Troll 540GT (2013) gently nudging up against Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 28, 2018 6:37 pm
by Bryn | 994 Posts

Cos I aint got enough logs to fill it innit

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 28, 2018 6:50 pm
by Eribees (deleted)

Thanks all. That’s whT I thought but as you say 8 could have been making a big mistake. Mostly loaded and still seems too light at front so messing about with stuff in front lockers.

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 28, 2018 7:33 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

I'm not new and I have a very very very stupid question! We now have on board water and want to know how one deals with it! To test the system we used the garden hose. It has a 35 litre onboard tank. If one has an aquaroll, one needs a submersible pump, but how does it shut off once the onboard tank is full? There is no special connector thingy on the outside of the van, its just a filler hole. We could just use a watering can but if we are going to have to get a grey water tank we might as well go for the full monty!! I have to say though, by the time I had worked my way through all the instructions, identified all the drain taps and worked out how to set the boiler and heating, I thought all this water and heating thing might be a bit of a faff!!

2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE pulling a silver 2018 Troll 535 GT
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 28, 2018 7:49 pm

Lesley,
on-board tank and heater, easy.
Close all valves inside van usually on the floor, Fill tank form outside until it glugs and backfires all over your foot. Turn hot taps on and then cold until both running without sputtering. Now it's safe to turn on hot water and refill tank. Job done.
When we move site I empty the water tank but often leave the water heater full unless noseweight hinders me.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 28, 2018 8:20 pm
by Blueyonder (deleted)

Thankyou Colin!
How do you refill your tank? We take a watering can with us to wash Boris, so we could just use that. Do you have something automatic like an aquaroll with a pump? We don't really want to carry both an aquaroll and a grey tank. I guess its a matter of always topping the tank up if you put the hot water on?

2017 Land Rover Discovery Sport HSE pulling a silver 2018 Troll 535 GT
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon May 28, 2018 9:06 pm

I carry a big bucket for waste water and a watering can. When the bucket is full I empty it and put a can and a bit of water in the tank. A day or so before leaving site I stop filling up the tank each day. We do have an outside pump arrangement that we did not order but came fitted. We have not used it.

Colin

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 16 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12541 topics and 105788 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0