everything but the caravan!

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue May 29, 2018 10:49 pm
by PaulM (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

We we are saving for an Eriba - we think it will take us at least 3 years or so! with such a long time to save it gets a bit frustrating but we want to do things right and not rely on credit...

Well one thing that keeps me happy is buying some the extras so we dont have to buy loads when we finally get the caravan!

http://stores.ebay.co.uk/ishop247net?_trksid=p2047675.l2563

I hope sharing a link is ok - but as a ebay promo there is 20% of this shop with the code PROMO20 & 10x nectar points for today at least:)

Just bought milenco gripmats
Milenco Precision Noseweight Gauge
Swiss Luxx Low Wattage Stainless Steel Single Hot Plate
Fiamma Magnum Step 200kgs Heavy Duty (i know eribas have a fold out step but im heavy so feel better with this)

Put that with our other bits and bobs like the 25m power cable, a full set of kitchen bits and bobs/low wattage camping kettle ect and hopefully when the time comes we will be nearly good to go:)

We are being strict with what we buy though - it would be all to easy to get carried away!

Scroll up

RE: everything but the caravan!

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 30, 2018 8:11 am
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

It would be very easy to get carried away in the excitement. Your van may well come with a fair few of the bits you may ell buy.
I would be tempted to buy, but items that a bit more personal, eg nice duvet, towels etc when they come up in the sales.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 30, 2018 11:49 am
by Jez (deleted)

3 years is a long time and Eribas hold their value very well. Far be it from me to advise you but as interest rates are very low weigh up the benefits of having a van in the near future against the interest you would be paying.
You don't have to go new, plenty of lovely vans in their 20's still giving great service.

2012 Triton 430 GT pushing a Honda CRV 2.2 ictdi
shrublands likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed May 30, 2018 1:06 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.745 Posts

Just a general observation and not aimed at anyone on this forum, but now that cars and certain makes of caravan, notably Eribas, are built to last for decades, why is it so important to buy new?

The real bargains out there are second-hand, pre-owned, cherished - call it what you will.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu May 31, 2018 7:33 pm
by Old Rocker | 496 Posts

Cheaper?

Troll 530, Kia Sportage 2.0 CRDI

Don't ask me nothing about nothing, I might just tell you the truth
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:55 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Check out some older vans. Betty is 20 and wonderful. We've had some minor problems linked to age.....we changed the hitch as the old one was complicated, we changed the jockey wheel and had some problems with the new one....solved! And now, the fridge doesn't work. We're hoping it's just a broken part....we'll fine out on 8th June. But all in all, a wonderful van for 7200 Euros. Nothing has fallen off. The lights don't come on in the night lol

Last edited Fri Jun 01, 2018 7:55 am | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105780 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1