Kampa Pop Top awning draft skirt fitting advice

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:15 pm
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

Earlier this week I was saying how after having the Kampa Pop Top 365 for 12 months and not trying it out I was fairly pleased when we put it up on the drive, after the pages of negative comments last year on the Forum.

However today my smile disappeared a bit when I tried to attach the draft skirt supplied with it. To cut a long story short it simply doesn't fit being about 9 inches too long and obviously comes straight from Kampa's spare parts bin from a different caravan.

I have two thoughts of how to adjust it to fit and wondered what other people with the 365 had done:

1. Simply cut 9 inches off one of the ends so it would fit of a fashion
2. Cut it down the middle and use velcro type fixing to fasten the two bits together somewhere around the wheel

With both we would have to stitch new hems onto the end to stop the material fraying.

Has anyone found a different solution? Any ideas gratefully accepted. MikeT

Tin Head likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Kampa Pop Top awning draft skirt fitting advice

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 01, 2018 9:37 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

The following worked for me.

You need to lay the skirt out on the ground next to the van.
In line with where the rear of the van kicks up make a cut across the cord part of the skirt. You may want to cut a 10mm long piece out of the cord.
Lift the skirt up of the floor and start feeding it into track from the centre of the van near the wheel arch, feeding it towards both the front and back of the van.
Do not feed the odd 300mm or so where you have made the cut into the track, just let it flop around and then clip it to the awning with a clothes peg or similar.
You could punch some holes through the unsupported parts of the skirt and feed suckers into these of the type used on car window blinds for the children in the back. I planned to do this mod but my awning is going back so never got around to it.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jun 01, 2018 11:52 pm

Thanks Colin that's really helpful. MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:13 am

Hi again Colin

We did the modification that you suggested today and it worked a treat. Cheers MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jun 10, 2018 9:01 am
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

Glad to help. Enjoy your summer.

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 61 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1