Installing Solar

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:44 pm
by Jez (deleted)

I have a 2012 Triton which has power supply unit CSV 409 installed. There are two connections for a solar charge regulator to be wired to it. My question is, is it as simple as installing a solar charge regulator and running two 12v wires of the correct size to the CSV 409 solar connectors? As the habitation battery is obviously connected to this unit am I right in thinking that the solar power generated will then be distributed to the battery via the CSV 409?
Secondly which circuit is the best to send out a 12v supply for a small TV and USB socket?
Many thanks, Jez

2012 Triton 430 GT pushing a Honda CRV 2.2 ictdi
Scroll up

RE: Installing Solar

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:57 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.325 Posts

Jez,
in answer to the second part of your question, I chose a different route to using the vans existing 12v circuits.
I attached a couple of leads directly to my battery. These in turn had an in-line 10amp fuses in each and then terminated at a connector block. From here I fed power to an under-bed light just inside the outside hatch, a pair of fridge cooling fans and a TV power outlet.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:49 am
by JohnE (deleted)

Quote: Jez wrote in post #1
...is it as simple as installing a solar charge regulator and running two 12v wires of the correct size to the CSV 409 solar connectors?
Yes - a 15A fuse is located on the CSV409 for this function.
...am I right in thinking that the solar power generated will then be distributed to the battery via the CSV 409?
Yes.
...which circuit is the best to send out a 12v supply for a small TV and USB socket?
If you look at the 409's schematic you'll see that Circuit 5 has an output labelled 'TV' which is protected by a 7.5A fuse. You could also connect your USB socket to Circuit 5.

Last edited Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:57 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jun 07, 2018 9:40 am
by Jez (deleted)

That's a fantastic reply John, much obliged.
Jez

2012 Triton 430 GT pushing a Honda CRV 2.2 ictdi
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 31 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105771 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0