ERIBA AWNING QUESTION

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:31 pm
by johnscott2258 (deleted)

Can anyone out there help. I am currently in he process of trying to sell my Eriba awning which I believe is made by WIGO-ZELTE OHG and I think the frame is possibly made by EA METALLBAU GMBH. I have currently got someone who is keen to buy it but they have a 2012 Eriba Familia 320 (the one with a toilet). I previously had a 2000 Eriba Familia 3 berth. The potential buyer doesn't seem to have the steel brackets/eyelets which are close to the aluminium channel on the door side of the caravan which I think some of the poles for the awning are meant to locate into. The three upper poles for the awning are slightly bent and and curve downwards and are flat at the end so they can locate in these brackets. There are usually three of these steel brackets/eyelets on the door side of the caravan..

Do you know if the awning would fit their caravan? If so, how would the awning fit to their caravan without these brackets/eyelets?

Many thanks.

John

Scroll up

RE: ERIBA AWNING QUESTION

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:58 pm
by gattim (deleted)

Unlikely to fit as the two caravans are different awning rail heights. If they were you could buy the eyelets and necessary spacers to fit their ‘van but unfortunately pre-2009 Eribas have a lower awning rail than those made afterwards. I think it is about 4” which doesn’t seem much but it is enough to make awnings not fit!

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:07 pm
by Dan Reid (deleted)

Hi John

Not sure if this helps but : I think You can buy separate eyelets”from caravan canopy shop.” These slot in the rail below the canopy (if you have 2 rails) for the poles to connect too. https://www.caravancanopyshop.co.uk/prod...g-rail-brackets

We have The wigo sunshade that is slightly too small for our Hymer eriba feeling but we love it and so do most other people on whatever campsite we visit - great icebreaker.I’d like to post a photo but can’t seem to work out how

The WIGO stuff is great - please post a link so we can see what you are selling 🙂

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:19 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

Wigo seem to be more common in Germany and Belgium.
We bought new with our Troll from Belgium a Movera Marne awning back in 2007. This was I believe a re-baged Wigo awning. It was a traditional style frame awning comparable fabric to Soplair, Van-der-Horn etc, but with a high quality "easi-grip" quick to adjust aluminium frame.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Sun Jun 24, 2018 10:21 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:09 am
by Aaron Calder | 3.741 Posts

To post pictures see Here

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet

Last edited Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:10 am | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:33 am
by gattim (deleted)

But it won’t fit their ‘van even with eyelets, it has come from a 2000 caravan which means it won’t fit a 2012 one......

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 40 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105579 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0