Camping cupboard

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:11 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

I like cooking (meat and fish) outside and am thinking of buying a camping stand/cupboard from Decathlon (Small unit for £39). This will also provide much needed on-site storage for cups, glasses, plates etc and I can use it for food prep and cooking with my small gas stove on top.

I don't use an awning but do love my Isabella Shadow sun canopy so the unit will be free-standing. I'm a bit worried about it keeling over and denting the Eriba so might just put it far enough away so that I don't have to worry about this.

Does anyone use something similar of have any other suggestions? The Decathlon unit weighs about 5kg and comes with its own carry case so seems ideal.

Last edited Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:12 pm | Scroll up

RE: Camping cupboard

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:41 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.298 Posts

We used a stand many years ago when we had a tent then trailer tent. The unit was stable but I can understand your caution. How about a couple of straps and tent pegs to keep it in check.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:16 pm | Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:05 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

That’s a good idea Colin. I may even loop a strap around one of the sun canopy uprights.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jun 25, 2018 7:24 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Decathlon sell a little folding coffee table that I find ideal for cooking on with an induction cooker or gas cooker. It's about 14E. I dont think the "kitchen" is of much use to you because you already have the storage in the van and.....its not very far to go! Lol

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Mon Jun 25, 2018 8:34 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

You’re right - the little table looks ideal and I’ll be picking one up tomorrow.

Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jun 26, 2018 11:53 am
by AndyEarle (deleted)

Quote: Islay Corbel wrote in post #4
Decathlon sell a little folding coffee table that I find ideal for cooking on with an induction cooker or gas cooker. It's about 14E. I dont think the "kitchen" is of much use to you because you already have the storage in the van and.....its not very far to go! Lol

This sounds ideal we are in Italy at the moment , will have a look in the local Decathalon guess they all stock the same products, plus we never need much of an excuse for a wander around Decathlon !

thanks..

660 GT Pontus Eggbert on the tail of Mercedes C class Estate...
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:47 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)
Scroll up

in Making the most of that expensive pitch Tue Jun 26, 2018 2:54 pm
by Kam | 139 Posts

Thanks for the tip. I popped into Decathlon today and bought the little table for £9.99. It'll give me enough space to cook and plate up without risk of the food falling onto the grass (has happened many times - I tell my wife it's fresh herbs).

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 45 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105579 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0