EHU and/or gas in Spain

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:25 am
by swa49 (deleted)

We intend using the fridge and Truma water heater whilst on a Spanish site with 6A EHU. Both appliances can run on either gas or mains electricity, but I'm not sure if the EHU will handle both at the same time. Can anyone offer opinion? Heater is Truma Ultrastore 10l and fridge is the standard fit Dometic in a 2014 Triton.

If I needed to run one of them on gas and the other on EHU, which is likely to consume less gas? Depends on usage I know, but assume the fridge will be on permanently and the water heater will kick in intermittently to provide a sink of hot water two/three times per day for washing up.

The only other use for main electricity will be leisure battery and phone charging.

Cheers.

Triton 430GT + Golf mk7 2.0TDi DSG
Scroll up

RE: EHU and/or gas in Spain

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 11, 2018 10:55 am
by JohnE (deleted)

The Ultrastore has an 850W element, so will draw ~4A.

The Fridge has a 120W element, so will draw ~ 0.5A

From the above figures, the boiler uses 8x more energy than the fridge on electric, and gas consumption will be of that order as well.

Both the boiler and the fridge are thermostatically controlled on gas and electric.

The battery charger will draw no more than 0.7A @ 230V when going full wack to charge a flat battery. When maintenance (trickle) charging, probably no more than 0.1A

likes this post!
Last edited Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:00 am | Scroll up

RE: EHU and/or gas in Spain

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 11, 2018 11:15 am
by swa49 (deleted)

Thanks John. Therefore it looks like I can safely run both appliances at the same time on a 6A EHU. The battery will be fully charged at home, then kept so by the car during our long drive. It sounds to me like I will have no problems with 6A EHU. The cost of the EHU is included in the pitch price, so using gas for either would be silly.

Triton 430GT + Golf mk7 2.0TDi DSG
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 18 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2