Anyone had problems with door twisting/warping?

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 25, 2018 5:36 pm
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

We have just returned from a great week on Anglesey where we noticed a slight problem we had last summer re-appearing.

When we had our 540 serviced last year by Adventure Leisure in Tebay they pointed out to us that our door was slightly twisted and did some work on it for us. However this week we noticed that the door twist had returned and was probably worse than it was before. We will get them to look at it again when we have it serviced.

However I am a bit at a loss as to what is causing this. Has anyone else had this problem with their door? If so do you know what caused it and how was it resolved? Any help gratefully received. MikeT

Scroll up

RE: Anyone had problems with door twisting/warping?

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:57 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

The doors do move. On older vans it was a fairly easy job to "adjust" it You had to lift it off, put your knee opposite the offending point and pull it back into shape. The newer model vans such as yours are less likely to succumb to this level of brute force and ignorance as the doors seem to be more rigid.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Mon Jun 25, 2018 6:57 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jun 25, 2018 11:47 pm

Thanks Colin - I will probably get ALV to look at it again. MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 26, 2018 8:26 am
by Frantone (deleted)

Had a similar problem with our 2013 Troll where the bottom of the door did not close flush with the frame. AL bent it back into shape and advised me to keep the rubber door seal lubricated with silicon to allow it close more easily.

Troll 540GT (2013) gently nudging up against Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jun 26, 2018 10:41 pm

Thanks Frantone

Our problem is also with the bottom of the door not shutting properly unless I slam it shut, which can't be doing any good to the van. I will have to give the silicon a try after ALV straighten the door out again. MikeT

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:23 am
by thecolliss | 137 Posts

On our 540 the door was slightly low & tighter at the bottom....I lifted the door off put two washes over the door hinges which lifted the door very slightly.

eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 27, 2018 7:47 am
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

Quote: Soulbluesman wrote in post #5
Thanks Frantone

Our problem is also with the bottom of the door not shutting properly unless I slam it shut, which can't be doing any good to the van. I will have to give the silicon a try after ALV straighten the door out again. MikeT

If it's any consolation the doors do seem to sit truer on the German vans. If you check the waistline trim on your door with that of the van then I suspect it near as damn lines up. On the French vans it is fairly normal to see the doors trim not lining up or at an angle. It did on my previous 3 vans and many I have seen.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 27, 2018 9:42 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Quote: thecolliss wrote in post #6
On our 540 the door was slightly low & tighter at the bottom....I lifted the door off put two washes over the door hinges which lifted the door very slightly.

We did the same, in worked well.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
thecolliss likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:53 pm

Thanks everyone MikeT

Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 29 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4