Remoska bubble cake recipe

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:29 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I have a Czech friend and I asked her for some good recipes for a remoska and this is one she recommended.
http://www.pragueartelstyleblog.com/dini...-a-remoska.aspx
It looks very good!
WARNING if you make this, halve the recipe for a standard remoska. Mine grew, and grew, and grew........

Last edited Sat Jun 30, 2018 7:46 am | Scroll up

RE: Remoska bubble cake recipe

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:08 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

I remember that supermarkets used to sell liquid cake mixes a decade or so ago. I thought they'd be ideal for caravanning and Remoskaing but I tried to find them several years ago and they appear to have been discontinued. It seemed ideal, just empty into the Remoska and switch on. Shame.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:21 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.313 Posts

Dr Oetker do a powdered mix that you add cream to. We often use the chocolate one when away in France. They are also readily available in the UK.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.

Last edited Wed Jun 27, 2018 6:00 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jun 27, 2018 5:32 pm

Yes, there are lots of dry mixes but they add one more process before baking, the liquid one was just pour and cook.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:21 am

STA you can get them here...another reason to cross the channel lol
I tried this recipe last night,
https://blog.lakeland.co.uk/recipe/prawns-with-spiced-rice/ I added some garam masala and some chorizo and we ate it all. Very good.

Last edited Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:21 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jun 28, 2018 7:58 am

Islay,
any product names for the liquid cake mixes to look out for. We are in France at present for another 6 days so can hopefully pick some up.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jun 28, 2018 8:26 am

Mrs SDA has baked chocolate muffins in the Remoska before now. Taking the dry ingredients on holiday, already weighed and combined in a plastic bag and then adding the wet ingredients, before portioning into the muffin cases.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:38 pm

Colin' check out Alda mixez
https://drive.intermarche.com/300-pordic...sert-a-preparer
Scroll Down and you'll see one in a sachet, not a box.

Last edited Thu Jun 28, 2018 3:39 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jun 28, 2018 5:36 pm

Thank you. I will have a look. I think it is the dry version I have used of this make in the past.

Colin

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jun 29, 2018 7:52 am

Made potatoes Anna last night. Excellent.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Jun 29, 2018 11:26 am

A freshly baked supermarket own brand lemon cake is cooling as I type this.
Pot dauphinoise last night, vegetable torte a few nights ago, morning croissants warmed through, small roast gammon joint and garlic bread a couple of times so far this holiday. Over remaining week we have planned mini jackets, more garlic bread, aubergine/mozarella/tomato bake and tacos.

Colin

I forgot to mention the Chilli I reheated and the vegetable samosas

Well I've experienced my first Remoska failure. Whilst the lemon cake looked OK it had not risen and remained undercooked. I'll try the chocolate one in the oven at home, but think I'll stick with the dry mix that needs the addition of cream or eggs and a good whisking.

Last edited Fri Jun 29, 2018 3:08 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:58 pm
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

Just acquired a standard remoska and decided to jump in feet first and go for a cake!

Followed the online recipes for Czech bublanina - the infamous bubble cake. Didn't have baking powder, so swapped flour for self raising, plus had some frozen raspberries from our allotment in the freezer (not ideal but should do). Did this all in the kitchen rather than eriba in case it was an utter disaster and I blew something up or set the world on fire.

Whipped everything up, poured in, sprinkle frozen raspberries on top. Switch on and pray.

What did I learn?
1) It rose quite high and the top got a little by caught.
Solution - I put some baking paper over the top to stop it getting worse, and cut a few caught bits off once cooled. Next time I'll cover the cake sooner

2) The very centre rose quite high, but the bottom in the middle stayed raw.
Solution - cut out the middle to make a ring. Hopefully solution to (1) will help this.

Pleased with how it came out.
I'd use the word 'rustic'

Czech-raspberry-bublanina.jpg - Bild entfernt (keine Rechte)

~ N

~ 530 and proud

Eribanut likes this post!
Last edited Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:58 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:36 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: steamdrivenandy wrote in post #2
I remember that supermarkets used to sell liquid cake mixes a decade or so ago. I thought they'd be ideal for caravanning and Remoskaing but I tried to find them several years ago and they appear to have been discontinued. It seemed ideal, just empty into the Remoska and switch on. Shame.

I remember Robert Jackson on the other forum used to use them in the Remoska with excellent results. I think they were in the chilled counter and he used to get them from Sainsburys (other super duppers available). Alas I looked for them years ago but stopped selling them!

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Sep 10, 2018 6:39 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Nthurrzzz wrote in post #12
Just acquired a standard remoska and decided to jump in feet first and go for a cake!

Followed the online recipes for Czech bublanina - the infamous bubble cake. Didn't have baking powder, so swapped flour for self raising, plus had some frozen raspberries from our allotment in the freezer (not ideal but should do). Did this all in the kitchen rather than eriba in case it was an utter disaster and I blew something up or set the world on fire.

Whipped everything up, poured in, sprinkle frozen raspberries on top. Switch on and pray.

What did I learn?
1) It rose quite high and the top got a little by caught.
Solution - I put some baking paper over the top to stop it getting worse, and cut a few caught bits off once cooled. Next time I'll cover the cake sooner

2) The very centre rose quite high, but the bottom in the middle stayed raw.
Solution - cut out the middle to make a ring. Hopefully solution to (1) will help this.

Pleased with how it came out.
I'd use the word 'rustic'

To make it a little more rustic you could place a candle in the hole !

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 17 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105676 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0