Delivery times.

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 04, 2018 4:24 pm
by Bailey2agd (deleted)

We ordered our Triton 430 in October and were quoted delivery June which seemed a long time but at least gave us time to organise storage etc and still left us most of the summer to use it, we even optimistically booked for the Eribafolk meet in early August. Then we were advised the production had got moved back to week 28 in July so we cancelled the event in case it took a couple of weeks to ship (having never towed before we didn’t feel we could just hitch it up and head 300 miles straight away). Then it slipped to week 29 and today it’s gone into week 30! I sell German kitchens, I’m familiar with the way German suppliers work and with the week numbers. They never, ever, ever move a clients delivery week. And they will shut for a good chunk of August too.
We’ve both booked time off work from the 6th August for two weeks, have been unable to book any sites in case it doesn’t come on time and haven’t saved/planned to go away on a normal holiday this year other than in the van we’ve paid handsomely for. I’m getting to the end of my tether, starting to feel like driving to Germany and demanding our van. It’s some ply and some upholstery on a couple of wheels, how the hell can it take 10 months to make? I can get a fully bespoke, and considerably more elaborate kitchen made and delivered in 6 weeks!
Is there a phone number for Eriba in the UK so I can rant at someone? Or in Germany if it comes to it. We’ve already started paying storage and insurance etc and nothing to show for it. Maybe it’s the weather or the wine but I’m blazing mad now.

likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Delivery times.

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:05 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Firstly, are you sure it's Hymer that have shifted the dates and not the dealer who has found another, more profitable, or more pressing customer for your original van? Another possibility is that Hymer are refusing to supply because they're owed money by the dealer.

If it is the factory, then it's Hymer in Bad Waldsee that you need to take to task. However it may be that they're doing what most, if not all car makers do in prioritising production for their most profitable markets and maybe the UK no longer qualifies in that respect. Then, of course, it might be that a main appliance supplier has let them down and production has had to slip. An awful lot of possibilities.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 04, 2018 5:13 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.611 Posts

Hymer Germany contact details

Tel.: +49 (0) 7524 999 360

Fax: +49 (0) 7524 999 89 313

Mail: kundendienst@hymer.com

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 05, 2018 9:59 am
by swa49 (deleted)

I hear you. We enquired about a brand new Eriba in October 2017, but were told, in a pretty vague kind of way, that we would not get a van in time for early summer. We therefore bought a 2014 van that met our desired spec. and requirements. Of no help to you I understand, but it was our way of getting the most out of an Eriba in 2018.

Triton 430GT + Golf mk7 2.0TDi DSG
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:08 pm
by Bailey2agd (deleted)

Woohoo, it’s apparently off the production line. Just a matter of how long it takes to get it from Germany now. Holidays booked from 6th August, fingers crossed it will be here by then.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:41 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.326 Posts

I don't wish to be a killjoy, but I really think you need to contact the dealer. I would not be assuming 6th August is realistic, although I would love to be proved wrong.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 21, 2018 7:44 am

Colin's right, it seems to me that Hymer often do monthly delivery runs to their UK dealers, especially when there are just a few vans for them and if you've missed that date by a week, say, your van might not be scheduled for delivery 'til mid August. Then there's factory holiday close down which may affect delivery too. So it definitely needs checking.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 21, 2018 11:08 pm
by Bailey2agd (deleted)

The dealer (Jandi) has instructed their carrier to uplift asap, they’d been waiting for ours to be ready to fill a truck.
I’m hoping we’ll sneak in before August shutdown.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:23 am
by rs540 | 261 Posts

Good luck!!!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:38 am

I thought Hymer organised transport, not the purchasing dealer. Indeed something at the back of my brain tells me Hymer own a caravan delivery company. Certainly Swift Group do.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:47 pm
by Bailey2agd (deleted)

It’s been collected and is making its way to Teesport tomorrow. We will, after all, have it in time for our 2 weeks holiday on the 6th.
Now to find somewhere to go!

and Tin Head like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:10 am
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

Quote: Bailey2agd wrote in post #11

Now to find somewhere to go!

The Cambridge Summer Eribameet 2018?????????????????????

Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1