RE: I could spit!

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 12, 2018 12:13 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

The blasted police were there even though they've lost the report, there must be someone there who remembers the incident and can confirm it? Don't you have a reference number for the accident?

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:17 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

Sadly because of the language difficulty, my German extends to ordering beer,coffee or chips, we left it all to the police. I do have the registrations of the vehicle that caused the accident and the witness. I will be writing to the police over the weekend and asking them if they have lost all record of the accident why they can't re-interview the driver and the witness.
Dave, sadly Saga have reached a dead end, without a police report they don't have any way of forcing the other insurance company to cough up!

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:19 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Grrrrrrrrrr on your behalf. Would it be worth asking someone like Dotty from the Vendee meet to help with the language? Or, do you know deepl translate? So much better than Google.
https://www.deepl.com/translator

addisb likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Jul 13, 2018 2:46 pm
by campnsnooze | 1.148 Posts

Hi. We have both front car and rear caravan dash cam set up without any problems. Yes, we plug the dash cam in the lighter socket off the dinette light and clip the cam to the blind. We use a Suunto Action Cam for the rear and a YI Action Cam on the front. Both have loop recording and can be set at time lapse or continuous.
Chris

Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 16, 2018 11:11 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.461 Posts

To follow up on this. Deeps, who used to be on this Forum and lives in Germany, contacted his local police and asked a few questions on my behalf. It would appear that if no-one is injured in an accident and there is no obvious cause ie alcohol then it is classed as a "small incident" and no records are kept. This is not very helpful but you can't argue with the system I guess. I think I now need to go back to my insurance company, I don't see why I should be out of pocket. I pay enough in premiums, I have comprehensive cover. No doubt they will disagree with this and as Deeps suggests I may need to talk to the Ombudsman.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 17, 2018 12:25 am
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

When we had the accident in Italy no police attended at all, it was all settled [eventually] on the European accident statement, Saga accepted it for us so they should for you .
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 24 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2