Troll Feeling or Nova Light?

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 11, 2018 9:56 pm
by Niguel (deleted)

Hi folks...I had an Eriba Familia 310 a long time ago and loved the pop top and reduced towing height etc.

I've been thinking of buying a new model Troll 550 GT but am a little disappointed to read about condensation during winter use from both the roof openings alloy trim and also the centre horizontal seam which passes behind the seat backs etc. Maybe I would be better going for a Feeling 442 which appears to me to have better insulation?

I know there is a roof canvas insulation layer available to line the canvas for the Troll but does anyone know if the same is available for the Feeling range?

I like the pop top models for hot summer use as they are great for keeping cooler however I'm planning on taking winter trips as well. On reflection do you think I may be better going for the Hymer Nova Light 442? Thanks in advance.

Scroll up

RE: Troll Feeling or Nova Light?

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:20 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

There can be condensation on any van surface that is cold and the surrounding air is warmer. The moisture in the air condenses from invisible vapour to visible water as it's temperature reduces. Usually it's a transitory effect until the air and surface temperatures equalise or get more equal. The effect is increased if you add moisture to the air by having warm people breathing out moisture, boiling a kettle, running hot taps, drying clothing, cooking etc. Constant air changes help in this respect but as that means bringing in cold outside air, it also means plenty of heating is needed.

Eriba Tourings are really no different to any other van in this respect, though the metal roof rim, which borders the poptop is near a constant source of cool exterior air and can have condensation on it.

Eriba Feelings are fairly few and far between but are likely to have a similar rim to their poptop. Eriba Nova's don't have a poptop but like most WWB's will probably have condensation somewhere at some time.

In truth Eribafolk is a bit of a misnomer as there are very few Feeling or Nova owners represented and the vast majority of members join because of the Touring range, so you'll not get too much direct experience feedback on the other models.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.

Last edited Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:46 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:43 pm
by JohnE (deleted)

Yes, the Feeling does indeed have the same aluminium rim as the Touring range, but from experience ( we've owned 2 Trolls, and collected our 2nd Feeling 425 last weekend) condensation appears to be much less of a problem.

In fact I don't think we noticed any condensation at all in our previous Feeling, well not to the same extent as in the Trolls where we we're mopping the stuff up most mornings.

Last edited Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:57 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:20 pm
by scouteralf | 114 Posts

John sent you a message

troll 555 GT pushing Kia Ceed Estate
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 25 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3