Electrolux fridge in a 1986 eriba puck

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 18, 2018 3:55 pm
by Little Dottie (deleted)

Hi does any one know where I would be able to download an instruction manual for an Electrolux fridge to use on the gas many thanks carole

Scroll up

RE: Electrolux fridge in a 1986 eriba puck

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 18, 2018 5:54 pm
by Ray Lawrence | 668 Posts

There are loads of manuals out in the wonderweb, but to be more precise, you need to know your fridge model number. Mine is on a label inside the fridge, generally starts with RMxxxxx.
Electrolux became Dometic several years ago so don't be phased by the change of name, the fridge is the same.

This link http://www.club80-90.co.uk/pages/downloa...troluxRM212.pdf is fairly typical for an older Electrolux fridge. It may be sufficient for you to get yours working.

Getting a fridge to fire up on gas can be difficult if it hasn't been used that way for a while. You quite often get a blockage in the burner gas jet, usually a spider's web which will have to be cleared.
Anyway, start off by finding your exact model for complete instructions :)

2007 Triton 430GT - Seat Ateca 1.4TSI petrol manual
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 18, 2018 8:45 pm

Thank you for your reply I will have a look many thanks for your time regards Carole

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:13 pm
by mr_underhill | 688 Posts

I find it useful to use an empty kitchen roll roll to see the pilot light when using gas.

Tardis II , Eriba Puck 1990 pushing a Fiat 500 Colour Therapy, Twin Air Turbo.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:39 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

You also need to purge all the air out of the pipework by holding the tap pressed in while clicking the igniter button. This can take so long you can convince yourself that the system is faulty.

Seeing the flame in the little window can be difficult if you are not looking at it from the correct angle so the kitchen roll tube idea is a good one.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Jul 22, 2018 7:47 pm

Hi and thank you for all your help I will give all suggestions a go and see what happens. We did try to light it and as you say we thought perhaps it was faulty once again thank you to all regards carole

Scroll up

Visitors
8 Members and 50 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105776 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 8