RE: Bedding

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 28, 2018 5:16 pm
by Sashella (deleted)

We don’t have the fixed bed. There are 2 of us and 4 dogs🙂 We need the space during the day which means storing the bedding. So far we have chucked 2 pillows and put the other 2 behind our cushions on the bunks. Looks good. Thanks

Now have our 530 that pushes our Volvo
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:49 pm
by Poptop320 | 2.608 Posts

Quote: eribaMotters wrote in post #2
Permanent bed set up. Foam mattress topper with a protector on top. Fitted sheet pulled tight around these with duvet and two pillows. If we need a bit of extra support when sitting up we use the cushions from the front.
Colin

I am with Colin with this one, using normal bedding makes you feel at home rather than camping out in sleeping bags. We use a marine stuff sack to put the bedding in when in transit which cuts down on the bulkiness. We have a Familia 320, the bed is left made up when onsite and we then use our small A/L porch awning to eat in.

When I go on holiday I like to pop my top!

likes this post!
Last edited Sat Jul 28, 2018 8:52 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:23 pm
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

Hi Sashella - you have got some interesting responses to this. Like some others after years of tenting (and often not sleeping well) we have gone with the hotel imposter approach after messing about with a number of things.

We have a Troll 540 with the multi-bed setup. Usually we put the beds up as a big double at night and put it down in the morning, storing all the bedding underneath. However sometimes if we are stopping somewhere for a while we leave the bed up and eat either outside or in the rear dinette area

We put down two separate duvaleys first then put a fitted sheet. On top of this we put another sheet that tucks in. We then have two individual single duvets - Kath's is quite thick but I have a more lightweight one - this avoids any middle of the night battles. We then put the four cushions down as a base and we then have two full sized pillows each.

All of this stores under the bed, apart from the cushions, and takes us about 5 minutes to assemble.It all really works and the proof is in the pudding as it is often well after nine before we stir, and usually this is because of needing to go to the loo.

It sounds as if you have dogs who would get you up early anyway. Whilst our Troll is usually nice and tidy our estate car is a mess of storage.

this using the van to live in as long as you can sounds a great adventure, keep enjoying it. MikeT

Last edited Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:25 pm | Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 27 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12518 topics and 105613 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1