Just bought an Eriba on a whim-Missus is not too happy.

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 30, 2018 1:53 pm
by Mack1 (deleted)

Hi all,

I have just bought an Eriba caravan, I think its a 1998 Familia (Starts with 68). The inside is in excellent condition and I think they look pretty cool.

The only thing is I am moving house in a few weeks and the missus is not happy that I purchased it. We are 30 and still in my 30's...(just about), we have an 18month old.

Please tell her why its a great idea and not for just the retired/semi retired, that or let me know if you want to buy it lol.

Scroll up

RE: Just bought an Eriba on a whim-Missus is not too happy.

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:21 pm
by Bryn | 991 Posts

Once you have been out in it and met lots of youngsters like us she will be hooked and it is better than an ISA, much better investment

Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:43 pm
by Suzywong (deleted)

Hello and

Troll 540 pushing Mazda CX-5
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:16 pm
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

think of the wonderful memories you will have as a family all based on your little caravan. My niece has a friend who's little boy sobs each autumn when they have to put the caravan to bed for the winter. We met a family at a picnic stop last week who asked to look inside our van as they'd been camping and the little boy wasn't having it. He was horrified about wild animals getting him and they had to go home early.lol If you do have you sell it in a year or so, you porobably won't lose any money.

Last edited Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:17 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 30, 2018 6:03 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.452 Posts

Unless your wife is a total caravan/camping holiday hater she will love it (eventually).
If she doesn't as has already been said you are unlikely to lose money on it, tell her it's an investment.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:02 pm
by Mack1 (deleted)

Thanks all, I have told her it’s an investment with instant payback. Although I think the main door lock is broken!!

Bryn and PooleDweller like this post!
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 30, 2018 7:19 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: Mack1 wrote in post #6
Thanks all, I have told her it’s an investment with instant payback. Although I think the main door lock is broken!!

Its fixable/replaceable

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:48 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Mack1 , One thing that I have learnt during my life is to be very careful around the missus. Still hope that you get to enjoy your caravan.
Tom & Margaret

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one

Last edited Mon Jul 30, 2018 8:48 pm | Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Jul 31, 2018 9:12 am
by granddadgrape | 1.554 Posts

Liz & Alan
Landrover Defender 90 & 2014 Triton 420
Scroll up

in Hi. Please take a couple of minutes to say hello here Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:41 pm
by jobberwock (deleted)

If you think it was a little rash don't worry at least you won't be sleeping in the dog house

Cheers ian

Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 58 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12512 topics and 105579 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0