Used Eriba service options

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 31, 2018 2:40 pm
by Mack1 (deleted)

Hi all,

Just taken ownership of a 98 Eriba Familia and although everything so far (apart from door lock) seems to work fine, I am wondering if I should have it serviced by my nearest main dealer AL in Bournemouth or use a local caravan dealer?

The service appears to be nearly twice the price, what do fellow Eriba folk recommend?

Scroll up

RE: Used Eriba service options

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 31, 2018 3:09 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.741 Posts

I live within 10 miles of AL but took our Triton all the way to the Wirral last year so that fellow Eribafolk member JohnE (Neston Caravan Services) could do a chassis service for me.

'nuff said.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
rs540 and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:32 pm
by Randa france | 12.866 Posts

John E posted this thread a few years ago and I've used the engineer closest to me in South Wales. He has proved to be good so I'm sure the one nearest to you will also do a good job.

Mobile Caravan Engineers

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Tue Jul 31, 2018 4:33 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:26 pm
by Mack1 (deleted)

Thanks all for the replies. I am currently in Newbury but I am moving just outside Camberley. Any recommendations for these areas?
The Wirral sounds a bit too far!!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 31, 2018 5:31 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.741 Posts

Quote: Mack1 wrote in post #4
The Wirral sounds a bit too far!!
We made a holiday of it en route to Northumberland staying three nights at The C&MC Wirral Country Park (see here)

It's a part of the country that we had never previously visited and we were very pleasantly surprised.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Jul 31, 2018 6:08 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.455 Posts

Both work.
We made a trip to the Wirral last year so that JohnE could fix a water ingress issue on our Troll, he did. We used the trip as an excuse to visit Port Sunlight and Liverpool.
We used a MCEA mobile engineer to service our previous Eriba, a PuckL, at home. A thorough service at a very reasonable price.
If it's just a general service I think the mobile guys are fine, for an Eriba specific problem I would use JohnE every time. Just my two pennorth.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
eribanaut likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 32 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12518 topics and 105612 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2