Eriba Holidaying Abroad after March 29th 2019

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:08 am
by Randa france | 12.896 Posts

At this time of year and for the next few months, many of us are looking forward to next year's holiday abroad. Destinations need to be researched, ferries need to be booked to take advantage of cheaper fares, insurance needs to be arranged.

However, we might need to think about the differences that could occure after March 29th 2019. Brexit Day.

THIS IS NOT INTENDED AS A POLITICAL STATEMENT for whether we like it or not, it's coming so lets not get political about it, lets look at it practically.

Driving Licences:- It is possible that a UK driving licence will no longer be valid so an International Driving Permit may have to be obtained within three months of the journey date. £5.50 at Post Offices.(valid for one year)

European Health Cards. E1 11. Currently it covers us for the EU but also Switzerland?

Travel Visa?

Does anyone have any background knowledge of these and are there any other things that maybe we should consider?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

RE: Eriba Holidaying Abroad after March 29th 2019

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Aug 23, 2018 11:07 am
by Bryn | 994 Posts

Interesting, will I have to get a UK licence to drive in the UK, my UK licence was exchanged for a French one?

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Aug 23, 2018 3:12 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

With my recent visit to French hospital for which because of suspected blood clots and on the day "Le Tour" was in town, the Campsite Manager/owner called for an emergency car (ambulance) with paramedics to pick me up from campsite and transport me to the hospital approx. 45 minutes away. The manager asked if I had the green card, by which he meant the E1.11 card otherwise the cost for the transport would be very expensive!

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:16 pm
by sibillini | 236 Posts

Hi Roger

At the moment no one knows what is going to happen after the 29th March, least of all the government. We have some flights booked for July but they are explicitly not guaranteed. The International Driving Permit can only be obtained over the counter from a small number of major Post Offices. Insurance is a can of worms. Visas, who knows.

Am currently combing through the family tree for Irish relatives.

We are off to Italy from Harwich on the 10th April, so "Keep calm and carry on" I guess.

Charlie

2002 Eriba Troll 540 (Elsie) + Honda CRV 2.2 diesel
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Aug 23, 2018 7:46 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

>Am currently combing through the family tree for Irish relatives.

While in France we stayed at a site owned by Dutch family. Upon arrival we were invited to the bar for a complimentary drink. During the conversation he commented on my surname Coleman saying that it's origin was from Ireland! Have to investigate further

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Aug 23, 2018 8:06 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.467 Posts

So I was born in Germany, can I apply for German citizenship and then I could be a European

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Aug 24, 2018 8:26 am
by devonmaid (deleted)

My friend who had a German father and has lived his whole life in the UK, has just received his German passport!
I am married to an Irish man but I am not allowed to have an Irish passport. I wonder what will happen when we travel
abroad together? I suppose I will be queing whilst he walks through.

Eriba Pan pushing Volvo V70
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Aug 25, 2018 10:04 pm
by Skoderiba | 209 Posts

All those with Euro number plates will have to replace them, and display a GB sticker.

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sun Aug 26, 2018 7:13 am
by sibillini | 236 Posts

Nah, think I'll keep mine on.

C

Doonhamer and Angie and Steve like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:21 pm
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

Kath and I were just talking about this yesterday. I am due to have my next hip operation at the start of October, so add on the time I can't fly afterwards with the recuperation and learning to walk properly again,so we were talking about looking at March/April. Suddenly this bell went off in our heads and we got talking about similar things to Randa.

We were in the Canaries just after the Leave vote was announced. kath is multi-lingual and we were in the company of some French, German and Spanish families. We were stunned about how angry (and possibly hurt) a number of them were with us. We felt a bit emotionally battered.

Like Randa, not wanting to be overtly political, I am really concerned about the reception we will meet in the rest of Europe when we try to continue our lifetime of visits, both short and long to the Continent. Perhaps not ordinary people but how hard will minor officials make our lives? MikeT

Randa france likes this post!
Last edited Tue Sep 04, 2018 10:24 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:01 pm
by Rfjamieson1 (deleted)

We were in Greece when the result was announced, and we were roundly congratulated by all the Greeks we met.

Ron & Angela

Triton 420 GT 2005, Pedro, with a Mercedes 220 estate
Randa france and Williebraveheart like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Sep 04, 2018 11:23 pm

We're trying for Greece next year. We're more worried about getting out of the UK in April. Wouldn't want to be in a 20 mile queue waiting to get to a ferry port because of a Euro Backlash.
Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Sep 05, 2018 5:22 am
by sibillini | 236 Posts

Mike

I agree with Roger, I am more concerned about getting out of the country and the pet passport system still working to be honest.

I wouldn't worry about people being angry with us, the overriding reaction of the many Dutch, Italian and German people we have met this year has been largely of sorrow / incomprehension.

Charlie

"Never believe anything until it has been officially denied"

Sir Humphrey Appleby
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:53 am

Sorry Islay but your post was a touch political so i've deleted it so as not to offend.

Randa

Last edited Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:42 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:05 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I do apologise. I didn't see it that way at all!

Pepé Le Pew likes this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
4 Members and 42 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12546 topics and 105809 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 4