Page 4 of 8 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next Page »

RE: Eriba Holidaying Abroad after March 29th 2019

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:02 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

Use the on board water tank! Then you literally will have wine on tap. Lovely!

Last edited Sat Jan 19, 2019 8:04 am | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jan 19, 2019 2:10 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.467 Posts

That's not a bad idea. Seriously for those with them (we haven't anymore) could you fit a bottle through the hole in the top under the seat? You could bring quite a lot back and even if it's not allowed in the future, would anyone check an onboard water tank? Not that I'm suggesting anyone take up booze smuggling.
We brought lots of boxes of wine back last year but we've just finished the last one. Obviously miscalculated, need to bring more back in future or stop inviting friends round who drink all our wine.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jan 19, 2019 3:41 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

They’ve lasted well!!!
You must be on dry January. 🍷

Eriba #5. Triton 420 GT gently nudging Ford Galaxy.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jan 19, 2019 4:42 pm
by Julie Grafo | 3.467 Posts

Good grief, no. Did dry January a couple of years ago to prove I could. Youngest daughter said if I couldn't do it I was an alcoholic, so I did it,
We did bring a lot back but it has been supplemented with a half price case and a lot of bottles inherited at my big birthday party. Everyone brought a bottle it seemed and then drank the huge box, 20 litres, of Rioja that we got in Haro and a magnum of white Rioja, both good wines.
So Brexit or not we need to head to the lands of cheap wine again soon.

Julie & Neil. 2008 530GT pushing Honda CR-V 1.6 iDTEC SE+
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Jan 19, 2019 5:42 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.329 Posts

The problem with filling the water tank is unfortunately not an easy one, and believe me I have thought about it.
You really would need to get it absolutely full or it would slop around, and that's assuming you can get a liner in there first, then how do you get it out, and you would have to drink it fairly sharpish as it has been expose to the air when you decanted it in there. I suppose I could feed the 3L bags in through the big scre top to the tank, but the tank is only 30/40L. In the past we have brought back between 30 and 60 x 3L boxes.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Doonhamer and Eribanut like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jan 21, 2019 2:48 pm
by Randa france | 12.896 Posts

Bloody Government We've just had an Email from Brittany Ferries saying that "due to the Government's "Initiative" to create additional freight capacity for the transportation of critical goods", our overnight ferry in early April will now leave Britain 30 minutes earlier but is getting into the French Port 90 minutes earlier meaning we'll have to get up 90 minutes earlier. So we lose out on 90 minutes in our cabin. Do you think we can get a 90 minute refund?

"Initiative?" Is that like the fact that they've set aside boats from a company that doesn't own any boats?
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article...m-no-ships.html

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:14 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:30 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

I think that you will find that was a misprint, it should have read "lack of initiative"
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Randa france likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jan 21, 2019 3:36 pm

I just hope we're not sleeping amongst "critical goods" unless it whisky for export.

R

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:20 pm

Zitat
"We've just had an Email from Brittany Ferries saying that "due to the Government's "Initiative" to create additional freight capacity for the transportation of critical goods", our overnight ferry in early April will now leave Britain 30 minutes earlier but is getting into the French Port 90 minutes earlier meaning we'll have to get up 90 minutes earlier".

I've been trying to figure this out so probably, by setting sail 30 minutes early and sailing straight across the English Channel at full steam thus shortening the journey by 60 minutes they can, over the course of the day, get a few more berthing slots in.

Is that how others read it?

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:33 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.076 Posts

Maybe they did it like cruise ships and delayed docking to let you get a good nights sleep

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Mon Jan 21, 2019 10:34 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Mon Jan 21, 2019 11:02 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.329 Posts

Quote: Randa france wrote in post #54

Zitat
"We've just had an Email from Brittany Ferries saying that "due to the Government's "Initiative" to create additional freight capacity for the transportation of critical goods", our overnight ferry in early April will now leave Britain 30 minutes earlier but is getting into the French Port 90 minutes earlier meaning we'll have to get up 90 minutes earlier".

I've been trying to figure this out so probably, by setting sail 30 minutes early and sailing straight across the English Channel at full steam thus shortening the journey by 60 minutes they can, over the course of the day, get a few more berthing slots in.

Is that how others read it?

Randa

Yes

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jan 22, 2019 8:01 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

They've been paid around 46 million pounds for adding something like 19 rotations........at least Brittany Ferries have boats which is more than can be said for the company in Ramsgate......

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Jan 22, 2019 9:46 am

So the Government have decided to commandeer OUR boat? Yes, I say ours as we paid for the hire of part of it for 10 hours. Whatever next?

Randa

Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Jan 23, 2019 2:23 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

It would be a good idea for anyone going over for an extended stay, to read this.

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicatio...-no-brexit-deal

Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:13 pm

IDPs (International Driving Permits).

Knowing that we need an IDP for one of the countries we plan to visit whether we have a Brexit "No Deal" or not and knowing that we can get them from one of the two post offices currently issuing them in Wales up to three months before we travel, we ventured forth this morning armed with our passports, driving licences and photos.

After a great debate we assumed that it would be better to supply photos that looked like the ones in our Driving Licences and Passports rather than the way we look now.

The first objection was the photos but we managed to convince the Post Office Staff that our thinking was perhaps best (we can always brush back hair and tuck in beards to make us look more like the photos should we get an obnoxious border guard). However, when asked when we were travelling, we were told that they couldn't issue an IDP as we were travelling after the end of February as it's all change during February. They didn't know much about it other than the directive.

I argued that as they are for a full twelve months then we'll have them anyway but date them from now. They weren't happy but complied with our wishes. Forms were filled out ticking all the countries we aimed to visit (including one or two EU countries) and we were issued with two IDP1949s. I was expecting IDP1968s. We decided to risk it as it'll cost the best part of £11.00 incl city parking if we needed to visit again. (Two IDPs are £11.00)

However, when we arrived home we decided to look up the information on the AA website rather that the Post Office and although still not perfectly clear, the AA one does at least spell out the changes in some detail.

https://www.theaa.com/driving-advice/driving-abroad/idp

So, dependent on how we leave the EU, we may need to purchase IDP 1968s and we'll also need our IDP 1949s for Turkey or if we decide on a visit to Spain instead. At least they promise that the 2500 Post Office outlets will be within 10 minutes of 97% of the population. So, that's Greater London sorted but I daresay we'll still need to make a 45 minute trip into Swansea.

In short, "Nobody Knows"

Randa

Big Al likes this post!
Last edited Thu Jan 24, 2019 2:16 pm | Scroll up

Page 4 of 8 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 next Page »

Visitors
5 Members and 36 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12546 topics and 105808 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5