We want to see one!

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Aug 26, 2018 11:18 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.744 Posts

Hello all,

We have never had a caravan, or wanted one as we hate flimsy tin boxes!

However the lifestyle is appealing and Eribas looks different with high quality interiors and build.
Being an engineer the classic design is very tempting and we like the look of a 540 Troll - (for 2 not very tall adults and a border collie!)

Our first problem is obviously we want to see one and are struggling to find anywhere local to us in Worcestershire.
We will probably have to wait until the Birmingham show, but it would be nice to visit an owner who could show us any model or age.

Any voulenteers close by?

Stuart and Pat

(Moved from Blog by Eribafolk Admin) AC

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
Scroll up

RE: We want to see one!

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:06 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

I think we're too far away!

Eribanut likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:39 am
by jobberwock (deleted)

Oddly enough I was outside on the drive working on a lovely sunny day last weekend when a couple who were passing by spotted my Eriba.

As is often the case in the village where I live they stopped for a chat (I'm racking my brain to think 'do I know you?).

After only a few moments they both asked about my Eriba and clearly knew nothing about the make.

They were very enthusiastic and so I offered them the opportunity to look around.

Their enthusiam was boundless and they wanted to know where they could look to possibly purchase one,

A lovely day.

Cheers Ian

Last edited Mon Aug 27, 2018 8:41 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 27, 2018 1:43 pm
by Clippie (deleted)

Stuart and Pat

Welcome to Eribafolk.

Blueyonder and I are in Worcestershire. PM me and we will see if there is a convenient time for you to take a look at our Troll 535.

Best wishes
Clippie

Gofer for 2014 Triton 420 GT & Landrover Discovery Sport.
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:40 pm
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

Hi Stuart & Pat and welcome to the site

Kath and I have a 540 TrollGT which we have had for two years which we love. However we were very much like you and had never had a desire to own a caravan, in fact we hated them. However we were totally taken by an Eriba Troll owned by a Dutch couple that we saw in France - it seemed so quirky and different.

When we got home we booked a B & B near Bournemouth so we could visit Automotive Leisure in Poole and see a full range. We booked a visit and Cameron spent a few hours with us showing us everything on all the different models. it was really useful. We then spoke to him again at the Birmingham Caravan show before buying one.

We are now like Jobberwock in that our Troll is on the drive outside the house and we quite often get people stopping to look, and if we are out asking us questions about the van and wanting to have a closer look inside it. This often happens as well when we are on site, with strangers coming over and asking for a closer look.

Unfortunately we live in Lancashire which is probably further away for you than Poole. However if you do get serious I would definitely recommend a day visit to Automotive Leisure to see the full range and chat with them about what you need. Good luck MikeT

Last edited Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:45 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:59 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Travelworld at Telford have recently announced that they've agreed to be an Eriba Touring dealer along with all their other Hymer and other high end motorhome products. A recent report suggests they haven't got much stock as yet but it might be worth a call to see how the land lies.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 28, 2018 8:22 am
by Derekcbr (deleted)

We have a 540 Troll and like you I am an engineer who was impressed by the Eriba build quality. It is only two years old and we are me my wife and a border terrier so I have no doubt you will fall in love with your Eriba once you purchase one. We live in North Wales and took the trouble to go up to Tebay to buy but I first visited their stand at the September/October Camping and caravan show where I was able to have a good look around their models. It won’t be long befor the annual show at the NEC so why not wait and go along where you can have a good in depth chat with some very knowledgeable people and have the opportunity to look at all the models. Whatever you decide to do, good luck in your efforts.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 28, 2018 11:30 am
by Soulbluesman (deleted)

Stuart and Pat,
Derek has mentioned Adventure Leisure Vehicles in Tebay near Kendal. We were there the other week and they also had a good range of Ertiba models in to sit in and play with. So a day trip to the Lakes might be a good alternative to a drive to Poole, although I guess they are both long drives for you. MikeT

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:18 pm
by Stuarty (deleted)

Thanks, I just get the feeling we will be hooked too!

Stuart

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:22 pm
by Stuarty (deleted)

Yes I think that's going to be the best option, but I'm terrible at being patient!

Stuart

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:23 pm
by Stuarty (deleted)

Thanks for that, I will find out.

Stuart

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Aug 29, 2018 6:19 pm
by BerylFfrangcon (deleted)

We have a Troll 550Gt. Is SW France too far for you to come and see it, you would be very welcome. We will be here until September 7th when we are off to Corsica with the Troll of course.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:13 pm
by Patchouli (deleted)

By all means look at new Eribas. But don't rule out older models.Recent trip to Lowdhams in Nottinghamshire confirmed comments on here about quality.Currently have a year 2000 model.Build quality on ours is far superior to new builds on offer..We will be keeping ours for as long as possible.When it comes time to change it won't be a new Eriba.

Eriba fam 320 2000

and like this post!
Last edited Fri Aug 31, 2018 12:36 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 01, 2018 5:28 pm
by Stuarty (deleted)

We definitely will consider used- part of the appeal is that they don’t fall apart like a normal caravan!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:24 am
by Kam | 139 Posts

I recently bought a 2006 Troll 540 and it’s pretty much perfect. I do like the new models also but wasn’t 100% sure about carvanning so decided it would be best to spend less in case I didn’t want to keep it. I absolutely love it and, although I can see myself buying a new one one day, I prefer the thought or keeping mine in good condition and enjoying it for years to come. In fact I feel guilty even thinking of swapping mine!

and like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
3 Members and 58 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3