Page 1 of 6 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 next Page »

Pop top roof seal

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:13 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Today I renewed the roof seal on the pop top. Excellent service from Seals Direct, ordered the seal yesterday morning and it arrived this morning before lunch. Hardest part of fitting it was the cleaning of the edge of the roof really ingrained dirt, makes me think that it must have been the original seal fitted when new in 2006. Still done and dusted another job done.

The only way to have a friend, Is to be one
likes this post!
Scroll up

RE: Pop top roof seal

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 05, 2018 8:20 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

So, come on, surprise us. What colour did you buy?

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:46 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Standed black to keep the authenticity!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 05, 2018 9:49 pm
by Randa france | 12.875 Posts

Oh I'm disappointed and you with your disco lights too

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Sep 05, 2018 10:29 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

I did look at the coloured ones but they do not seem to have the rubberseal on them just the piece that clips to the roof . So I judged them inferior as they are only half as thick, and loads cheaper than the one that I bought.

likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:40 pm
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

A useful thread but not quite enough info for some.

My pitch neighbour with a 550 left this afternoon. Yesterday we were chatting and he said he wanted to have the poptop seal renewed but lived in Derby, didn't trust Lowdhams and didn't want to travel down to B'mouth or up to Tebay. I showed him the thread and his first question was how much did the trim cost?

I tried to persuade him to join up but he didn't seem to understand the concept of forums etc. Still he was mad keen on his Troll.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.

Last edited Thu Sep 06, 2018 7:41 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:17 am
by Islay Corbel (deleted)

How often do they need replacing? Ours is 20 years old!

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:32 am
by steamdrivenandy (deleted)

Both of mine were originals and were fine at about 10 years old, indeed I never really gave them a second thought. However it was almost the first thing my ex-neighbour mentioned and it obviously prayed on his mind a lot. He actually said that there were no leaks, so I'm not sure why he was so bothered.

Mind you, he didn't actually know which model Troll he'd got and when I asked if it was a 550 (from the window positions) he said he thought it might be. He then said it was 2008 or 2009 but it didn't have the dark wood roof locker strip, so wasn't 2008 and it was made in France, so might've been 2009 but production of that year was severely limited. My view, without a detailed look was that it was a 2006.

Middlesex 29 years
Hertfordshire 15 years
Essex 2 years
North Yorkshire 15 years
North Staffordshire 9 years

'Eribacar' - aka Horizons Unlimited Innovation 3 MWB Ford Transit panel van conversion.

likes this post!
Last edited Fri Sep 07, 2018 7:36 am | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:05 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

I'm glad I remembered this thread, I've just noticed that my pop top seal has started to 'delaminate' and obviously needs replacing. I've had a look at the Seals Direct web site and found the 'Edge Trims with Top Seal' section, which I'm guessing are the right ones. Can you confirm which seal it was you bought, please?

many thanks..

Steve&Pen likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:16 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: cabbie37 wrote in post #9
I'm glad I remembered this thread, I've just noticed that my pop top seal has started to 'delaminate' and obviously needs replacing. I've had a look at the Seals Direct web site and found the 'Edge Trims with Top Seal' section, which I'm guessing are the right ones. Can you confirm which seal it was you bought, please?

many thanks..

I replaced mine 18 months ago with ETS 1556 it is better than original. You may need to use ptfe spray or washing up liquid to make it easier to get on as its a tight fit. Bought 9 metres for my 2006 Troll.

Mike

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem

Last edited Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:18 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:54 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

Thanks Mike, really helpful..

cheers...

Hugh

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:20 pm
by Tomored | 2.128 Posts

Quote: cabbie37 wrote in post #9

many thanks..

I was informed by Seals
Direct that they one that is used by AL is ETS 1668 and that you fit it with the lip to the outside.Hope this helps.

Tom

Last edited Thu Sep 20, 2018 5:24 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:08 am
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

Thanks Tom.. I'll see if I can get a sample of both and decide which is best for my van.

cheers..

Hugh

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:25 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

I have now before me 2 samples of the suggested profiles from both Mike and Tom. SEals Direct coudn't have been more helpful and posted off samples 1st class.

They are very similar - ETS 1668 having a larger profile soft rubber 'tube' and an extra 'lip' to help the sealing properties. ETS 1556 has slightly smaller soft rubber 'tube' with a small 'lip' (just a raised line in the rubber, really) on both sides. I would imagine both would be quite capable of doing the job. The main difference I note is that 'clamping' portion that fits on the roof, on ETS 1668 seems to be slightly stiffer, in that it holds its shape when curved whereas ETS 1556 seems to want to return to straightness when released from bending. I'll compare the two samples with the orignal on the Troll (from 2002) and make a judgement then. As an aside, current prices are:

ETS 1556 is £3.82 per metre
ETS 1668 is £5.79 per metre

Hugh

, , Sportique and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 22, 2018 5:31 pm
by Frantone (deleted)

This is very useful info. Thanks guys. Keep up the good work! Let us know which you think is better Hugh.

Eriba #5. Triton 420 GT gently nudging Ford Galaxy.
Scroll up

Page 1 of 6 « previous Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 next Page »

Visitors
3 Members and 22 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12526 topics and 105675 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 3