Insurance

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Sep 18, 2018 11:39 am
by TonyH69 (deleted)

Must admit I haven't always had insurance on our van. However with a late weekend away I decided to renew. Quick comparison check brought out a quote of £85.00, however we tow with a classic vehicle so thought I would give Adrian Flux a go as well. (They Insure our classic VW's). Initial cost came back at £130.00 which I declined. Only to be offered a loyal customer discount and have insured the van for £75.00 with euro travel and legal protection included. Wish insurance companies would just offer their best price first time and not try to rip you off!

Having a happy mid life crisis.

VW Squareback (Memphis)
VW Camper (Elvis)
Eriba Puck (The Colonel)

Vespa GTS 300
Vespa S 125

4 Dogs!
Scroll up

RE: Insurance

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Tue Sep 18, 2018 1:53 pm
by Eribanut | 2.025 Posts

Quote: TonyH69 wrote in post #1
Must admit I haven't always had insurance on our van. However with a late weekend away I decided to renew. Quick comparison check brought out a quote of £85.00, however we tow with a classic vehicle so thought I would give Adrian Flux a go as well. (They Insure our classic VW's). Initial cost came back at £130.00 which I declined. Only to be offered a loyal customer discount and have insured the van for £75.00 with euro travel and legal protection included. Wish insurance companies would just offer their best price first time and not try to rip you off!

Exactly. My Green Flag breakdown policy is for renewal. Last year paid £56.84. This year my renewal with no call outs is £82.88. Went online for a quote identical cover with GF premium came out at £63.84.

Will be calling them later today to discuss !!!!

Have now renewed at £63.84 the reason given that the online price was cheaper than my automatic renewal due to online discounts for new customers, no apology or discounts for loyal customers so moral is cancel auto renewal

Sermo datur cunctis; animi sapientia paucis
Tempus fugit; carpe diem

Last edited Fri Sep 21, 2018 8:10 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:50 am
by Nthurrzzz (deleted)

It all feels like an industry wide scam. Same for our car each year. And they wonder why people don’t trust them. A loyal customer, without a claim should automatically get the very best price. Any insurance company that does that will win many loyal customers.

~ N

~ 530 and proud
rs540 likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Sep 21, 2018 12:40 pm
by TonyH69 (deleted)

It's the same with the AA, you ring up and get a better renewal deal on your break down cover. 25% Discount this year when I called and questioned the price they had offered.

Having a happy mid life crisis.

VW Squareback (Memphis)
VW Camper (Elvis)
Eriba Puck (The Colonel)

Vespa GTS 300
Vespa S 125

4 Dogs!
Scroll up

Visitors
1 Member and 26 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105771 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 1