Last of the Summer Wine

in Anything Eriba-related Sat Sep 22, 2018 3:30 pm
by highmiler | 367 Posts

Hi

M and I just back from a week in Devon, our last outing of the year.
We stayed at Widend Touring Park for £75, older folks special for a week all in.
A well run site with reasonable access, good facilities but we were a bit of a hike from the toilet/ shower / washroom/ chemical Toilet emptying
facilities.Site had loads of 'seasonal pitches' big double axled vans with huge awnings all plumbed in.Also had a lovely heated swimming pool which we made
use of until the temperature dropped considerably.
We spent most of the week exploring Brixham, Torquay, Paignton and Tiverton, we especially enjoyed Torre Abbey in Torquay which had a very interesting
museum, art exhibitions, and garden including a palm house.
Lots of lovely fishy meals at Mitch Tonks' Rockfish and met some interesting folk in bwwb's.
It got very windy towards the end of the week so we came home a day early.
During the summer I added another awning rail support bracket where two screws had been inserted which has at last made my old Soplair Ardeche
awning which came with the van purchase, a much better fit.We had the awning up between us in an hour which is a record! Also fitted for the first time
our lower skirt / under van draught excluder which gave us a much improved experience in the awning in the evenings, albeit with the help of a blow heater
to keep us toasty. We didn't expect to meet many other touring parties so we took our bedroom tv with us and bought an indoor aeriel from Amazon which worked fine, another first.
Spent this morning albeit in the drizzle cleaning the outside of the van in readiness for the winter cover, another summer season over .
Last night I had a look at a wonderful dutch camping/ caravanning accessory site that Eribanaut put me in touch with, www.obelink.co.uk.
Some amazing prices on camping furniture, we want a kitchen cupboard/work surface to put in the awning, there are 3/4 of different sizes, and they all fold flat for travelling, plus a very good value fridge/ freezer.Although they are Dutch they will deliver to Uk for approx £14.00 , and the prices are miles cheaper
than some of the Uk sites.
Have spent this early afternoon catching up with the Randa blog and other news here on the eribafolk forum, and salting away the interesting files like the
Alko axle renewal people and where to get a new roof seal etc.I take my roof seal off each year, clean with a weak bleach solution to get rid of the algae
and tighten it up with a pair of pliers, it's very hard, has no softness and I wonder wether I should be replacing it as my van is now 18 years young!
Regards to all,

Mike.

Highmiler.Troll 530GT and Skoda 2.0 TDi
Scroll up

Visitors
2 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12539 topics and 105773 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 2