Model Makers?

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:04 am
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts

I know of a few folk on here who are model makers so thought I'd point out this series, started last week on Channel 5.

"The Great Model Railway Challenge", 8pm Fridays, Channel 5.

Randa

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Oct 12, 2018 11:07 am | Scroll up

RE: Model Makers?

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:39 pm
by Aaron Calder | 3.740 Posts

I saw that, Roger, and grew increasingly bored as the programme progressed to the point where I nodded off. I won't be watching the second episode.

There was a potentially more interesting series on a short while ago where teams of German and British aeromodellers re-created Battle of Britain scenarios with radio-controlled aircraft. What spoiled that for me was the relentless PC box-ticking that seems to be compulsory in television broadcasts today (Transsexual - tick; disabled - tick; ethnic minority - tick; SNP voter - only kidding.)

No, I think I'll stick to programmes about competitive cake baking, singing or dancing that feature allegedly famous people I've never heard of doing things in which I have no interest while indulging in illicit off-screen sexual liaisons that I couldn't care less about.

Forum Administrator
2003 Triton 420 and Audi A4 2.0Tfsi S-line SE Cabriolet
eribanaut, Eribanut and like this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:48 pm
by thecolliss | 137 Posts

That was also annoying Aaron, there was only one person who could fly...there were very few women Spitfire pilots in WW2
(and your point, was she a man ?)

Last edited Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:05 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Oct 12, 2018 1:49 pm
by Randa france | 12.859 Posts
Wenn Sie hier auf Links zu eBay klicken und einen Kauf tätigen, kann dies dazu führen, dass diese Website eine Provision erhält.

Zitat
Quote Aaron Calder:- No, I think I'll stick to programmes about competitive cake baking, singing or dancing that feature allegedly famous people I've never heard of doing things in which I have no interest while indulging in illicit off-screen sexual liaisons that I couldn't care less about.

It's a good job Giles Brandreth was on the TV this morning talking about commas and his new book Werbung: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/163264952796 otherwise we could have read the above as:-

No, I think I'll stick to programmes about competitive cake baking, singing or dancing that feature allegedly famous people I've never heard of doing things in which I have no interest , while indulging in illicit off-screen sexual liaisons that I couldn't care less about

Randa

The following contents have been linked to this post:

ERIBAFOLK POP UP EVERYWHERE 1999 Eriba Troll 530 pushing a VW Touran 2L TDi Match

Last edited Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:27 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Fri Oct 12, 2018 4:49 pm
by eribanaut | 1.228 Posts

Quote: thecolliss wrote in post #3
...there were very few women spitfire pilots in WW2
)

Actually there were quite a few female spitfire pilots [164], they delivered the aircraft to the bases.
Dave

Skoda Kodiaq 2.0 150 Tdi DSG Troll 552 - 2005
Don't worry about the destination, enjoy the journey.

Last edited Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:16 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 13, 2018 8:40 am
by Pudelwagen (deleted)

Churchill didn't call them "the few" for nothing. Can't have been very many of them!

thecolliss likes this post!
Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 13, 2018 12:26 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.072 Posts

The average life expectancy of a Spitfire pilot during the Battle of Britain was four weeks. The few changed the war in favour of the many including us.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:04 pm | Scroll up

in Anything that's not Eriba-related. Sat Oct 13, 2018 1:54 pm
by cabbie37 | 643 Posts

A program on Radio 4 that some of you may have come across is 'More or Less' a program that examines statistics that are used in the press, goverment announcements etc. They did a piece on Spitfire pilots a couple of weeks ago...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0blhjn3

and eribanaut like this post!
Scroll up

Visitors
0 Members and 21 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12510 topics and 105561 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 0