Bigfoot motorised Jockey wheel mover

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 14, 2019 3:33 pm
by Brookmans1 (deleted)

Hello,
I have just bought a second hand BIGFOOT motorised jockey wheel mover for my Puck 225L, it came with the optional ball hitch accessory which enables it to fit directly onto the caravans tow hitch thus you do not have to remove the vans own jockey wheel every time you want to use the mover.
The owner could not tell me how this accessory fitted to the mover as her late partner did all that, nor was there any instructions. I can attach the tow hitch to the mover via a bracket but on the flat base of the hitch there is a a 4 inch hinged piece of metal which i am a loss to fathom out its purpose.
Can anyone assist withe the correct fitting of this ball hitch or even better has anyone got the instructions for the Bigfoot mover that they could copy and post or email to me. I will of course reimburse any time and costs involved.
Kind Regards.
Nick

Scroll up

RE: Bigfoot motorised Jockey wheel mover

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 14, 2019 4:59 pm
by eribaMotters | 5.327 Posts

Nick,
I owned one of these for a few years but do not remember having any instructions. I do recall in reviews mention of the extra late you have, but my mover did not come with this extra. I believe they were at one time marketed as Eurotech Motor Mover. Have a look on the side of your mover for a telephone number/address as although manufacturer of these movers stopped some years ago the man responsible for the design/manufacturer was still available to give advice up to 2016 when I sold mine.
When I used mine I did not have a large battery in the van. I found sitting one on the front A-frame helped traction as did pushing down on the jockey wheel handle if going over gravel.

Colin

Skoda Yeti diesel 2wd _ ex 430, 552, camplet trailer tent, 310, now a nice white 2017 430.
Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:07 pm
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

This video shows the ball hitch accesory attached

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ARRSliu40Xs

or does this help

http://pdfs.findtheneedle.co.uk/106335-114.pdf

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Mon Jan 14, 2019 6:16 pm | Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:08 am
by Brookmans1 (deleted)

Hello Colin
Thanks for your advice, There is no telephone number on my mover only an address, I found the original number from an old advert on the internet which had the correct address. Unfortunately the number is not recognised and the website is redundant. My biggest concern is what is the purpose of the hinged section the tow hitch plate.
Regards.
Nick.

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:17 am
by Brookmans1 (deleted)

Hello Steve and Debbie
Thanks for the information. I have watched the you tube video but it does not show what the hinged section of the tow hitch plate is used for.
The find the needle advert was helpful as it shows the tow hitch plate attached to a van, however it does not show the hinged section. Also the telephone number is now not recognised and the website address is discontinued.
Still hoping that a member will be able to assist me.
Kind Regards.
Nick

Scroll up

in Anything Eriba-related Wed Jan 16, 2019 10:48 am
by Steve and Debbie | 1.075 Posts

It doesn't look like the hinged section will affect its use to me! Maybe it's for some other accessory. I would just give it a try with your jockey wheel set low as a safety net. Just a thought could the hinged part stick upwards into the coupling if you didn't have a tow ball accessory.

Puck 120 GT - Nissan Pulsar 1.5DCi

Last edited Wed Jan 16, 2019 11:13 am | Scroll up

Visitors
5 Members and 33 Guests are online.

Board Statistics
The forum has 12540 topics and 105781 posts.

disconnected Forum-Chat Members online 5